What Coach Kirby Smart brings to UGA Football that was missing.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Kirby always says the right things. He is a great speaker.

GO DAWGS!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Yep.

I wish I could get the link to embed like on the old forum. Can't figure that one out yet.

You no longer have to post the embed link. Just post the URL.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
That statement itself sums up the process. I love what Athens has become. Go Dawgs!

I tip my hat to the University of Alabama Nick Saban Coach Department. Every graduate has a doctorate degree in winning and some of them will probably out pace Saban before it's over. Smart is one of the likelys simply because he is young and has a lot of years ahead of him as head coach.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
I tip my hat to the University of Alabama Nick Saban Coach Department. Every graduate has a doctorate degree in winning and some of them will probably out pace Saban before it's over. Smart is one of the likelys simply because he is young and has a lot of years ahead of him as head coach.
My money is on this year. ;)

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
We are not near a lock to be in the playoff picture yet, neither are Alabama or Clemson or any other team. There are a lot of games to be played luck and injuries could come into play. If some one held a gun on me and made me guess one team that would be in the playoffs, I say Alabama.

MudDucker

Staff member
Kirby is a class act and has brought more in 2 years than anyone ever has
GO DAWGS!

I really like Kirby as the coach, however, he inherited a better situation that Richt did and Richt made pretty dramatic changes in his first two years.

I do think Kirby's leadership will not burn out like Richt's did.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
My money is on this year. ;)

Not me. We're not quite there yet. Chubb and Michel are gone and without them our run threat isn't that stout. Our O line will be much improved and our pass game will be elevated. We're a little slack on the D line side of things and there's still a ? mark on our d backs.

We're close but I think it's another year yet and then maybe we are in the hunt year in year out.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Not me. We're not quite there yet. Chubb and Michel are gone and without them our run threat isn't that stout. Our O line will be much improved and our pass game will be elevated. We're a little slack on the D line side of things and there's still a ? mark on our d backs.

We're close but I think it's another year yet and then maybe we are in the hunt year in year out.
You didn't pay close enough attention to the new talent last year. ;)

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
You didn't pay close enough attention to the new talent last year. ;)

Yeah I did. We also don't have the depth yet that Bama has every year. Like I said, we're close, just not close enough. I think we'll see y'all at Mercedes Benz stadium shortly after Thanksgiving but that's as far as I go.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Yeah I did. We also don't have the depth yet that Bama has every year. Like I said, we're close, just not close enough. I think we'll see y'all at Mercedes Benz stadium shortly after Thanksgiving but that's as far as I go.
If Jalen transfers I'm not sure you will. If Jalen stays then we have depth plus option plays out the wazoo. Kirby, thus far has out performed Saban in his start up years as HC at new schools, thus I give the edge to Kirby to make his kids hungrier and to prepare them better for what is to come.

I'm keepin my money on KS and UGA.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
This team is a hard read. There is no doubt a lot of potential, but I will wait to see what identity they develop. There is a world of young talent there, but that can be a problem in itself. I know that Kirby is up to the task, but I believe that the team that ends the year will be a different team than the one we see on opening day. It better be.