Vegan Night Again in a Monsoon

ryork

Squash, okra and peas.......... The squash was just plain ole sliced and fried. Okra, always looking to do something different with it so browned some shallots in some butter and oil, then just sautéed the okra over high heat with salt, pepper, and a splash of lemon juice. Outstanding! Simmered some peas for a while with some shallot, banana pepper, in some chicken stock a few dashes of w'shire sauce. Would have been happy with a bowl of those and the cornbread. Liked it so much in fact that when the wife asked me if I wanted her to put up the remaining peas, I told her nope, I would have a second bowl of those and another piece of cornbread. Finished that off by myself watching some NWA Wrestling clips from the early 80's. Brings back memories of sitting by my Grandfathers wood burning stove on a cold night watching that when I was in my real early teens.

We had an absolute toad strangling gully washing down pour for a while here this afternoon. Turned my peaceful stream into a torrent. Had subsided some before the photo was taken. We need the showers to scatter themselves elsewhere for a few days now! Not sounding promising though.7-19 (2).jpg7-19 (3).jpg7-19 (4).jpg7-19 (1).jpg

naildrvr

Good lookin' eats...Whhoooo!!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I'm startin' to worry about you, man. You feelin' OK? ::ke:

ryork

Yeah, feelin' fine! I like doing some veggie nights this time of year. 7-20 (1).jpgBut just to prove my carnivorous side is alive and well, grilled some burgers tonight. Made a South of the Border variety for myself, some homemade guac, jalapenos, red onion, and a lime-cumin mayo kind of concoction.

whitetailfreak

That all looks great, but I've got to have me a hunk of animal flesh.

Last edited:

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Mighty Fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, I'm not as worried now. :) To me, the difference in a snack and a meal is a hunk of meat. :)