Cabretta inlet

BDD

So it's been a year now since the sand dunes blow out no Blackbeard island. I haven't been there since right after in happened. Anyone know what it's like now? I'm sure it's changed drastically. Can you still take Black beard creek to the inlet? Or did it fill with sand now the the water has a shorter route to the ocean.

Angel Eyes

Went two weeks ago and started to enter from ocean side. Even at high tide did not feel comfortable as my past trail did not seem safe so turned around. My boat to deep v to take a chance.

BDD

If you couldn’t enter Cabretta form the ocean at high tide it must be filling in. I assumed it
Would as more and more water exits the creak from the new blow out. I wonder if you can
Go in and out thru the blow out and what tide if possible. That area was our favorite place and
It’s changing rapidly, just wish I could get some updates from someone who’s been there recently.
I may get a trip down in Oct for a few days.

Angel Eyes

Someone more adventures than me probably could get thru. I will be there fishing Thursday. Will give update if I see anyone going threw.

BDD

Anybody have any updates on the new blow out ? It’s been a while since I started the post.

Would love some firsthand knowledge on how is changing ?

rdnckrbby

I was there two weeks ago BDD. At low tide the new blow out has nearly cut off the whole creek back up to Cabretta inlet. Very shallow passing through. Looking likely that the new blowout will become the only inlet and the rest will get walled off over the next few years unfortunately.

BDD

Thanks for the reply RD, that’s what I thought would happen. The shore line is a constantly

Changing thing, can’t wait to get back there. Last I was there was right after it happened.