Sig P938

pacecars

Well it has been over 30 years since I have owned a 9mm so with all the advances in bullets I figured it was time to try one out. I wanted something small and light to carry when I dont feel like carrying a full size 1911 or if I want to carry it as backup to the 1911. I looked at the Glock 43, Kimber Micro 9 am day the Sig P938. Once I handled the Sig it was all over. It has 1911 controls and I feel more comfortable carrying cocked and locked. I went with a P938 Extreme that came with 3 mags, night sights and a great grip on it. I just ordered a snap on OWB holster from Warbird Leather and will get an ankle holster to try also. Now to figure out which ammo for carry

Last edited:
Reactions: Dub

Dub

Well it has been over 39 years since I have owned a 9mm so with all the advances in bullets I figured it was time to try one out. I wanted something small and light to carry when I dont feel like carrying a full size 1911 or if I want to carry it as backup to the 1911. I looked at the Glock 43, Kimber Micro 9 am day the Sig P938. Once I handled the Sig it was all over. It has 1911 controls and I feel more comfortable carrying cocked and locked. I went with a P938 Extreme that came with 3 mags, night sights and a great grip on it. I just ordered a snap on OWB holster from Warbird Leather and will get an ankle holster to try also. Now to figure out which ammo for carry

I’ve really been impressed with mine.

I run the exact same defense ammo in it that I run in my G19, Federal 9BPLE.

It’s basically a +P+ 115gr hollow point that has a proven track record against criminals by LEO. I take their word for it and run some through my pistols every range session.

You are gonna be really glad you added this pistol to your arsenal.

It performs well above its weight class.

deast1988

I got a 938 equinox fantastic carry rig.

ryanh487

I carry Federal HST 147 grain +P in all my 9mm. Best penetration and highest expansion on the market, and it performs well out of small 9's as well as full sized. You'll have to order it online though, have yet to find a brick and mortar store with it in stock.

Dub

Pocket carry with ease in this DeSantis Nemesis Superfly holster....front side hides the outline in your pocket.....grippy stuff keeps it anchored in pocket and draw is smooth.

Same with the magazine carrier.

And grippy this gun is !!!! Frontstrap checkering & grips anchor this 'un in your paw as you shoot whatever ammo you want.

Took me a while to come around to one of these guns....just didn't comprendé.

Once I finally tried one....I was smitten.

Didn't take much as I'm a fan of 1911's anyway.

Last edited:

Stony

Slim, trim, really nice shooting pistols. A good friend gave me one and I stored my Shield back in the safe since. Feeds about anything and really accurate for a pistol it's size.

georgia_home

Gotta remember the nemesis superfly. A friend just picked up one of these, and is looking for a good cc holster

Stony

Check out the Azula 938 model. Hugs close to the body and really fits and works like a holster should.

georgia_home

just had someone local list one of these for cheap... relatively speaking. slightly more than the 238, new. about 100 rounds fired.

i was just trying to be good!

my mind went to the other thread about what do you tell the wife... dear lorena...

Dub

Gotta remember the nemesis superfly. A friend just picked up one of these, and is looking for a good cc holster

They are really versatile. The flap that covers the front of the holster (prevents printing) is attached via velcro and can be raised, lowered, removed or reversed for left-side carry.

The material on the inside of the holster is low friction an the gun slides out without interference.....dry or wet from rain & sweat...not matter. The exterior anchors it in place in a pocket fairly well.

They are inexpensive and can be found to fit a number of weapons. I also use their magazine holsters, too.

Highly recommend them.