Lunch With a View

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Loaded the wife, the dog, and some utensils into the truck this morning, and headed back into the mountains to where it looks like this:

view2.jpg

view1.jpg

We hiked about 2 1/2 miles of the Mountains-to-sea trail through some dark, damp, breathing, mostly old growth forest.

arlo.jpg

hike1.jpg

hike2.jpg

hike3.jpg

hike4.jpg

The breeze started picking up, and the sky got darker, so we headed back out and found a good place for a picnic:

picnic1.jpg

The clouds were coming down over the mountains fast, so I figured I'd better get the Coleman stove fired up and get some food going pronto:

clouds2.jpg

clouds.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Burgers are always good out in the woods:

picnic2.jpg

picnic3.jpg

picnic4.jpg

Just as we were finishing up the last bites and lighting a smoke, the sky opened up. So we chunked our stuff back in the truck and headed back home. Great way to spend a few hours.

So how was your lunch? :)

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
Dang, thats a little piece of heaven on earth!!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Cravin` flung. I reckon I`ll fry some up for supper this evening.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Looks like y'all had a great time away from the house. It may not have been for long, but hey, y'all were able to escape for a few hours. :flag:

Now the big question on everyone's mind; what did the dog eat? :rofl:

Patriot44

Banned
Man that looks awesome. I can't wait to head into them hills in a few years and call them home!!!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like y'all had a great time away from the house. It may not have been for long, but hey, y'all were able to escape for a few hours. :flag:

Now the big question on everyone's mind; what did the dog eat? :rofl:
He is very helpful in assisting in disposing of excess hamburger. :rofl:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Greasy salt and black pepper bacon skillet burger = underrated.
True. I remember that commercial that used to be on where it said "a dollar will get you this greasy hamburger, or it can buy you __________." I always wanted the greasy hamburger for a dollar. :)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

GA1dad

Thanks for such a great post!!!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Now that's a lunch!