North East Georgia Hog Trapping!

Realtree Ga

I have a serious Hog Issue around my house, so I decided to build me a trap to see if I couldn't take some of these critters out. So far I was able to eliminate one 200+ lb boar from the heard after letting 6 or 7 escape a couple nights before. Building this trap has been a learning process and I'm hoping that I now have it figured out and can take out many more over the next few months. Main issue I'm having right now is that I can't keep the stinking bears from eating my bait and setting off my trap! :(

Esau

That is good info! Thank you very much.

Thanks so much for the info! Im overrun with hogs in NE Ga also, and EVERYBODY talks about coming and trapping them out, but I've yet to have the folks ive talked to put a trap out. Looks like I'll be going your route.

j_seph

Thanks so much for the info! Im overrun with hogs in NE Ga also, and EVERYBODY talks about coming and trapping them out, but I've yet to have the folks ive talked to put a trap out. Looks like I'll be going your route.
Have friends with dogs that can put a hurting on them

The problem with dogs on our place is as soon as the dogs start, they head across the property line and the neighbors aren't keen on running hounds. It makes it mighty tuff to get rid of them that way.

95g atl

thanks for sharing.
We have similar traps, along with single traps at the club. They work!
Don't discount the guillotine door corral traps as well. Use 3/4 exterior plywood and strong T-posts. We have a HUGE trap at the club that probably has 15 of those same cattle panels. Could probably hold a 100 pigs if need be.

Hogs are STRONG animals and the big ones easily bend cattle panels, so T-post spacing is important.

What county is this in??