Salmon trip

gemcgrew

JB, didn't you know that you were home when you entered the Shoshone National Forest? Did you travel 191(Gallatin Rd.)? Can you imagine living there in one of those cabins?

JB0704

I Gots Goats
JB, didn't you know that you were home when you entered the Shoshone National Forest? Did you travel 191(Gallatin Rd.)? Can you imagine living there in one of those cabins?

Actually, I think I missed Shoshone. When I was traveling west, I cut the Northeast corner of Wyoming from Mt Rushmore up to Montana. Heading East, I cut a line from twin falls Idaho (where the canyon pic was taken, I think that was called shoshone falls, though) down to Salt Lake City, then across southern Wyoming. Looks like I missed the best part of it all.....northweast Wyoming/Southwest Montana.

Needless to say, there is still plenty of places out there I have yet to see......and I hope one day to get there. I can't imagine how cool it must be for kids to grow up in some of these places.

bigreddwon

Great pictures. Looks like you had an awesome time!

TripleXBullies

I'm not trying to say it wasn't awesome for you! I would have enjoyed it. I've only been west once. San Diego when I was 15.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Absolutely! I will definitely take each of my kids on such an adventure one day......this country is amazing.

Hey guys, I remember posting this thread up some years back.......as a follow up, I did take Buzz on a similar adventure, only to a much greater scale, I know I don't hang out in here much anymore but in case you guys are interested, here is the follow up to this original thread (it's a much longer read, and a much bigger road trip):

http://forum.gon.com/threads/round-the-country-father-son-road-trip-recap.922861/

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Salmon fishing is on my bucket list! Congrats!

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
That was a phenomenal thread in both the details and the pictures. Your Son and family will never forget that time together.
Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Ps, be glad you did not get pulled over in NJ, NYC or Massachusetts with that handgun in your glovebox, you'd still be jail. To make it through those places it would have had to have been locked in a seperate not easily accessible area unloaded and away from it's ammunition. And you still probably would have had a miserable experience explaining that.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
That was a phenomenal thread in both the details and the pictures. Your Son and family will never forget that time together.
Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

Ps, be glad you did not get pulled over in NJ, NYC or Massachusetts with that handgun in your glovebox, you'd still be jail. To make it through those places it would have had to have been locked in a seperate not easily accessible area unloaded and away from it's ammunition. And you still probably would have had a miserable experience explaining that.

In the planning stages I thought about trying to work a beer in with you up in PA, but, I the route took me on the other side of the state, and I couldn't find time for the detour.

About the gun........I didn't think about all that until we got pulled over in Utah. The Utah Policeman was awesome, and not bothered in the least by it. But, you aren't the first person to tell me how lucky I am to have gotten through the northern states.

Thanks for checking out the thread, I am glad folks read it. I wanted to let y'all know about it since the whole idea kinda got kick started with the trip I posted in here.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
In the planning stages I thought about trying to work a beer in with you up in PA, but, I the route took me on the other side of the state, and I couldn't find time for the detour.

About the gun........I didn't think about all that until we got pulled over in Utah. The Utah Policeman was awesome, and not bothered in the least by it. But, you aren't the first person to tell me how lucky I am to have gotten through the northern states.

Thanks for checking out the thread, I am glad folks read it. I wanted to let y'all know about it since the whole idea kinda got kick started with the trip I posted in here.

Most northern states have concealed carry reciprocity with the other states, but Maryland, NJ, NYC and Mass are horrendous.
I carry out to, during and back when we travel to Wisconsin. I have to uncarry and lock it up through Illinois though.
Same when I go to visit my Son in Virginia. I have to lock it up while in Maryland.
We need a National Carry Permit that is as valid as Drivers Licenses are across the country.

We will get together for that beer one of these years. I'm glad that you were able to spend that time with your Son.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Most northern states have concealed carry reciprocity with the other states, but Maryland, NJ, NYC and Mass are horrendous.
I carry out to, during and back when we travel to Wisconsin. I have to uncarry and lock it up through Illinois though.
Same when I go to visit my Son in Virginia. I have to lock it up while in Maryland.
We need a National Carry Permit that is as valid as Drivers Licenses are across the country.

We will get together for that beer one of these years. I'm glad that you were able to spend that time with your Son.

Definitely agree. :cheers: