Cellular and Wireless Trail Cameras

crasm1

I am in the process of using cuddelink system. I have not received my cellular hub yet but the cuddelink system itself is working excellent so far.

shdw633

I am in the process of using cuddelink system. I have not received my cellular hub yet but the cuddelink system itself is working excellent so far.

I would like to hear how this works out for you. Currently I have a Bushnell Wireless, Moultrie Field Modem and 3 Spypoint Evos; of the three models I think my Bushnell Wireless is the best overall plan and camera pics, especially with the solar panel on it; however, that being said they have really gone up in price and I feel there are just as adequate cameras out there for the money. The least that I like is the Moultrie Field Modem as I feel the plan is too much money for what you get and the camera setup is too bulky by the time you add the camera, modem and solar panel to the area you have a lot of equipment in one area. I like the Evos and think they have the best plan for pics at $15 for unlimited pics but currently am having one issue with one of the cameras not firing off the IR's at night and the pics are not the best I ahve ever seen, but a very adequate camera for what I paid for them. I have looked into the Cuddelink system and like the idea of having several cameras feeding into one camera and that camera sending me all the pics on one plan but I can't hardly find the cellular camera or any information about the plan they are offering. Please keep me in the loop on how you system works out for you.

Gut_Pile

We have had good luck with coverts. Only one that has acted up and covert took care of it

crasm1

I would like to hear how this works out for you. Currently I have a Bushnell Wireless, Moultrie Field Modem and 3 Spypoint Evos; of the three models I think my Bushnell Wireless is the best overall plan and camera pics, especially with the solar panel on it; however, that being said they have really gone up in price and I feel there are just as adequate cameras out there for the money. The least that I like is the Moultrie Field Modem as I feel the plan is too much money for what you get and the camera setup is too bulky by the time you add the camera, modem and solar panel to the area you have a lot of equipment in one area. I like the Evos and think they have the best plan for pics at $15 for unlimited pics but currently am having one issue with one of the cameras not firing off the IR's at night and the pics are not the best I ahve ever seen, but a very adequate camera for what I paid for them. I have looked into the Cuddelink system and like the idea of having several cameras feeding into one camera and that camera sending me all the pics on one plan but I can't hardly find the cellular camera or any information about the plan they are offering. Please keep me in the loop on how you system works out for you.
\

They don't make a Cellular camera, what they have is a cellular hub, that links to the cameras and intern the hub will send pics of all cameras linked to it.

shdw633

\

They don't make a Cellular camera, what they have is a cellular hub, that links to the cameras and intern the hub will send pics of all cameras linked to it.

A cellular cap correct? Where do you find information about their plans pricing?

shdw633

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
I guess each piece of equipment is about $200? Probably a good deal if you could split things up with 2 or 3 others to maximize the cameras on the annual plan for $360. Still a major investment with 15 cameras and the cell plan. $3000+ Cheap after that though.

They basically have a cellular camera. The cuddecell with camera built in. You can add about 15 to communicate with it.
I like that pricing!! I think I may just start replacing the ones I have with the cuddebacks going forward. I have a couple areas that are multiple camera setups that this would work great in I think.....course the cameras have to hold up and that is the great unknown at this point.

shdw633

I guess each piece of equipment is about $200? Probably a good deal if you could split things up with 2 or 3 others to maximize the cameras on the annual plan for $360. Still a major investment with 15 cameras and the cell plan. $3000+ Cheap after that though.

They basically have a cellular camera. The cuddecell with camera built in. You can add about 15 to communicate with it.

I agree, it's definitely not something that you would run out and buy all at once, though I have seen the link cameras in four packs for under $700. I would start with the cuddecell and maybe one other camera to add to it and then just add a camera as my other ones die out. The problem with these cell cameras is you have to have a plan for everyone of them and with five cameras averaging $15 per plan you get up there in the $60-$75 plus a month range with only a few cameras out. The ability to expand out an area without increasing the monthly fee is what has me intrigued about making the changes.

davidhelmly

I agree, it's definitely not something that you would run out and buy all at once, though I have seen the link cameras in four packs for under $700. I would start with the cuddecell and maybe one other camera to add to it and then just add a camera as my other ones die out. The problem with these cell cameras is you have to have a plan for everyone of them and with five cameras averaging $15 per plan you get up there in the $60-$75 plus a month range with only a few cameras out. The ability to expand out an area without increasing the monthly fee is what has me intrigued about making the changes.

I have bought a few of the Cuddelinks this year also and so far I love them. I went to check 3 that I had in an area that I didn’t want to intrude on, I pulled the card from the home unit and had pics from all 3 cameras on it, loved it!!
I’m not sure if I will do a cellar unit this year or not but it’s a great option to have and you can have pics from 16 cameras sent for 1 cell bill!!

shdw633

I have bought a few of the Cuddelinks this year also and so far I love them. I went to check 3 that I had in an area that I didn’t want to intrude on, I pulled the card from the home unit and had pics from all 3 cameras on it, loved it!!
I’m not sure if I will do a cellar unit this year or not but it’s a great option to have and you can have pics from 16 cameras sent for 1 cell bill!!

Kind of the difference between $30 a month for 4 cameras or $60 a month for four cameras on separate plans. Every 8 or 9 months you would be basically paying for a new camera on the other plans and the $30 on the cuddelink plan doesn't change regardless if you have 1 or 16; however, if you had 16 cameras on the other plans you would have to have 16 regular plans that would be $225 per month!! Cost in the beginning would be high but over the long run you would see the payback relatively quickly once you got it started.....again, provided the cameras hold up, which has been an issue with other Cuddeback cameras lately.

XIronheadX

I'm hoping Cuddebacks mesh network forces the other cellular cameras to bundle multiples on one plan. I still like the idea of the Moultrie modem separate from the cameras at $160. The plan just isn't good enough at the moment.

davidhelmly

I'm hoping Cuddebacks mesh network forces the other cellular cameras to bundle multiples on one plan. I still like the idea of the Moultrie modem separate from the cameras at $160. The plan just isn't good enough at the moment.
From my understanding that's not likely to happen, Cuddeback somewhere around 2 million dollars developing this system and has no plans to share it. But you never know what the future may bring...

XIronheadX

From my understanding that's not likely to happen, Cuddeback somewhere around 2 million dollars developing this system and has no plans to share it. But you never know what the future may bring...
I can understand that for sure, David. I was referring to maybe the competition adding multiple units as one larger data plan, since Cuddeback is using up to 16 cameras rolled into one plan. Getting rid of single plans on each unit.

I may have bought another Moultrie unit or two if I could combine them into a larger plan. I may have bought 2 or 3 modems if I could have made them one $30 5000 image plan shared.

davidhelmly

I can understand that for sure, David. I was referring to maybe the competition adding multiple units as one larger data plan, since Cuddeback is using up to 16 cameras rolled into one plan. Getting rid of single plans on each unit.

I may have bought another Moultrie unit or two if I could combine them into a larger plan. I may have bought 2 or 3 modems if I could have made them one $30 5000 image plan shared.
Agreed, I would be surprised if there aren't several competitors already working on it!

kbuck1

Does the cuddeback actually send you the pictures or does it send them to the "hub" camera and they have to be retrieved from it? If thats the case , then its not an apple to apple comparison. I could definitely see the benefits of that system but it wouldn't be as convenient as a true cellular camera

XIronheadX

Does the cuddeback actually send you the pictures or does it send them to the "hub" camera and they have to be retrieved from it? If thats the case , then its not an apple to apple comparison. I could definitely see the benefits of that system but it wouldn't be as convenient as a true cellular camera
Either way. You can buy the home unit or the home with cellular.