Word is Holyfield is going to be #1 back

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
That’s kind of embarrassing. They should’ve at least made it a Tulane or someone like Middle Tennessee. Austin Peay!?!?...

Middle Tennessee State was better than the Vols last year.. And they went to a Bowl Game..

That makes the Vols the 4th best team in the State of Tennessee last year! :rofl: :rofl:

MudDucker

Staff member
I think the offense is going to be off the chain, but the defense has to grow up fast and stay healthy.

Anyone who isn't worried about playing USC in Columbia isn't paying attention. That is usually a hard away game and Muschamp is a better coach than some here are giving him credit for.

As for saying the spread in sports betting predicting anything, you don't understand the betting game. The spread is set by what it needs to be to attract sufficient folks to bet. The house just wants to make it's cut.

brownceluse

I think the offense is going to be off the chain, but the defense has to grow up fast and stay healthy.

Anyone who isn't worried about playing USC in Columbia isn't paying attention. That is usually a hard away game and Muschamp is a better coach than some here are giving him credit for.

As for saying the spread in sports betting predicting anything, you don't understand the betting game. The spread is set by what it needs to be to attract sufficient folks to bet. The house just wants to make it's cut.

Muschamp ain’t Spurrier..... Kirby ain’t Richt. So, I’m not concerned about USCjr in the least. It’ll be a tough game in a tough environment but we come out on top. Muschamp has at least another year or two before he builds the depth he needs... Pay attention to LSU and Auburn... Those two games could end in a loss. Never take anyone for granted. But Boom ain’t ready to beat the Dawgs at least not yet. Go Dawgs!

TinKnocker

They also aren’t in the business of losing money. A 4 point favorite at home is one thing. A 2 TD spread away is telling a pretty lopsided story.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Muschamp ain’t Spurrier..... Kirby ain’t Richt. So, I’m not concerned about USCjr in the least. It’ll be a tough game in a tough environment but we come out on top. Muschamp has at least another year or two before he builds the depth he needs... Pay attention to LSU and Auburn... Those two games could end in a loss. Never take anyone for granted. But Boom ain’t ready to beat the Dawgs at least not yet. Go Dawgs!

If he has any intention of beating CKS, he better do it this year, as the talent gap is approaching Grand Canyon scale.

brownceluse

If he has any intention of beating CKS, he better do it this year, as the talent gap is approaching Grand Canyon scale.

Muschamp is one deep on blue chip talent we are close to 3 deep working on getting 4 deep. I could care less about Vegas and spreads. We take over that game in the 3 rd quarter and roll from there. We will spread Booms D out and kill them with RPO’s.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Muschamp is one deep on blue chip talent we are close to 3 deep working on getting 4 deep. I could care less about Vegas and spreads. We take over that game in the 3 rd quarter and roll from there. We will spread Booms D out and kill them with RPO’s.

^^THIS^^!

Tmpr111

...not to get off topic, and I'm not a fan of either, but Muschamp is far underrated as a coach. He was given a piece of leftover poo at UF and polished it about as good as it could be polished. And was replaced with WHOOO? I can't understand the AD's call there. Kirby will ALWAYS have more depth than Muschamp, regardless of who's the better recruiter - he's got UGA as his gun, Muschamp has a knife.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

I'm thinking CKS will go for the jugular early and then let the players down deep on the depth chart get playing time in the 2nd half. That's what I would do. Get my "Go" team the reps they need to get sharp and then let the insurance policy players get time. It's not if somebody is going to get hurt during the season, it's when. When it happens the next guy on the depth chart needs to be keen as mustard and ready to rock n roll.

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
...not to get off topic, and I'm not a fan of either, but Muschamp is far underrated as a coach. He was given a piece of leftover poo at UF and polished it about as good as it could be polished. And was replaced with WHOOO? I can't understand the AD's call there. Kirby will ALWAYS have more depth than Muschamp, regardless of who's the better recruiter - he's got UGA as his gun, Muschamp has a knife.

"piece of leftover poo at UF"??????!!!!!!!! REALLY?????????!!!!!!!!!

From Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_football#Championships

Screenshot_2018-08-15 Florida Gators football - Wikipedia.png

What's missing? Oh yeah a Bowl Game in '13. He inherited a team at UF just a couple years removed from a NC, in one of the MOST FERTILE recruiting rounds in the Nation, at a School that some rank among the best jobs in the Nation Started it on a steep drop to the dung heap it is now. Also from Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Muschamp

Florida
On December 11, 2010, University of Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley named Muschamp to succeed Urban Meyer as the 23rd head coach of the Florida Gators football program.[9] In his first year as head coach, Muschamp led the Gators to a 7–6 record overall and a 3-5 record in the SEC. This was the first losing conference record for the Gators since 1979. In 2011, Muschamp's Gators struggled on offense, ranking 98th in total offense and 83rd in passing offense. Muschamp's Gators earned a 24–17 Gator Bowl victory over the Ohio State Buckeyes playing under interim coach, Luke Fickell. The following spring, Muschamp brought in the No. 5 recruiting class in the nation according to Scout.com. However, the class had no top offensive talent and only two offensive linemen.
In 2012, Muschamp led the Gators to an 11–2 season with four wins over teams that were ranked among the top twelve of the BCS standings at the end of the regular season, including Texas A&M, LSU, South Carolina, and Florida State. The season also included a near loss to a non-BCS school Louisiana-Lafayette and a loss to Georgia in which Muschamp's Gators scored no touchdowns, costing the Gators the SEC East Division Title. The season ended with a disappointing 23–33 loss to the Louisville Cardinals in the Sugar Bowl. Although the 2012 Gators had a top defense, the season was primarily hampered by the lack of offensive output again. In 2012, the Gators offense ranked 97th in total offense and 116th (out of 124 teams) in passing offense. The following spring, Muschamp brought in the No. 7 recruiting class in the nation according to Scout.com.
It initially appeared the success would continue in 2013, when the Gators started out 4-1. However, they would lose seven consecutive games, their longest losing stream in recent memory. The 4-8 record was the Gators' first losing season since 1979. Muschamp again had a losing record in the SEC, 3–5. This made Muschamp the first Gators coach to have two losing SEC records since the 1950s. This also ended a 22-year bowl streak that dated back to 1991 when the Gators came off probation. The season included two particularly humiliating losses. The first was a homecoming loss to Vanderbilt—their first loss to the Commodores since 1988 and first at home since 1945. Muschamp's Gators also lost to an FCS team, Georgia Southern, the first loss to a lower division team in the history of the program. Muschamp lost to traditional rival Georgia for the third consecutive year and a 30-point loss to Florida State in the season's final game dropped his record against the Seminoles to 1–2. The Gator defense was again one of the best in the nation, ranking eighth in total defense. However, the Gator offense was again ineffective, ranking 114th nationally in total offense and 107th in passing. After the season, Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley brought Muschamp back for another season. The following spring, Muschamp's Gators brought in the No. 9 recruiting class, which trailed five other SEC teams and rival Florida State.
Despite a lackluster 2013 season, expectations were high for Muschamp and the Gators for the 2014 campaign. After a 42–13 homecoming loss to Missouri, some Gator fans called for Muschamp to be fired immediately. However, Foley refused to do so and allowed Muschamp to coach the annual Florida-Georgia football game. Florida, a 10-point underdog came in starting true freshman Treon Harris with throwing the ball only six times the Gators compiled 428 yards rushing to upset the 11th ranked Bulldogs 38–20. However, after a 23–20 overtime home loss to South Carolina 2 weeks later on November 16, 2014, Foley announced that Muschamp would be stepping down following the conclusion of the 2014 regular season, citing the season's high number of losses. Muschamp remarked, "I was given every opportunity to get it done here and I simply didn't win enough games—that is the bottom line. I'm disappointed that I didn't get it done and it is my responsibility to get it done."[25]

From 24/7 Sports:

Meyer recruiting at UF: (National Rankings)
2005 Ranked 12th with 0-5stars, 7-4stars and 10-3stars.17 players total

2006 2nd with 3-15-3 respectively 24 total

2007 1st with 5-13-6 29 total

2008 5th with 2-14-2 22 total

2009 7th with 4-7-7 only 18 total

2010 1st with 5-17-6 28 total

Muschamp recruiting at UF:

2011 11th with 1-10-8 19 total (Some leeway must be granted here due to coaching staff changes in Dec 2010)

2012 3rd with 3-13-7 23 total

2013 3rd with 2-14-12 28 total

2014 9th with 1-8-15 24 total

Spurrier recruiting at SC:

2010 34th with 1-3-15 23 total

2011 17th with 1-6-24 33 total

2012 15th with 0-10-15 25 total

2013 20th with 0-4-15 21 total

2014 19th with 0-10-10 20 total

2015 20th with 0-7-23 31 total

Muschamp recruiting at SC:

2016 25th with 0-6-20 27 total

2017 21th with 0-6-20 26 total

2018 18th with 0-9-13 22 total

See any pattern here? The Chump had it all at UF and failed miserably. Spurrier succeeded at SC because he is one of the greatest coaches of our age (credit where credit is due). The Chump is NOT Spurrier. At Florida he inherited a program that was near its pinnacle and ran it into the ground. Now at SC he has inherited a program that was already in decline and you think he'll make it BETTER?????!!!!! With recruiting classes averaging around 20th Nationally with ZERO 5 star recruits vs the UF classes that averaged Top 5???????!!!!!!!

Now something CAN BE said for learning your lesson after a failed first start and I believe some very good coaches got off to a rocky start but only time will tell if the Chump will be one of them.

I don't give SC 0% chance to win, that would be foolish, but the possibility is low and it's why we play the game. Dawgs roll by double digits.

Go Dawgs!

Tmpr111

He inherited a program that was near it's pinnacle? Seriously? Cmon. That's your head coach. Not to take away from what he's done since being there, but he inherited one of the most talented teams in the nation. Cmon, you're too emotionally invested to see certain things. Being too much of a FANatic can make things cloudy, and cause stress. :)

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
I have no stress. That's why at 50 I don't need to take BP meds. I simply posted the facts. The recruiting ALONE tells the tale.

As I said, Spurrier succeeded at SC with inferior talent because he was a superior coach. The Chump, who failed at UF WITH superior talent, is NOT Spurrier and will most likely never compete with the top programs in the country, The Dawgs included, unless they allow him to. Will he win games, yes, but will more often than not lose to the Top 10's in the country.

brownceluse

"piece of leftover poo at UF"??????!!!!!!!! REALLY?????????!!!!!!!!!

From Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florida_football#Championships

View attachment 940215

What's missing? Oh yeah a Bowl Game in '13. He inherited a team at UF just a couple years removed from a NC, in one of the MOST FERTILE recruiting rounds in the Nation, at a School that some rank among the best jobs in the Nation Started it on a steep drop to the dung heap it is now. Also from Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Muschamp

From 24/7 Sports:

Meyer recruiting at UF: (National Rankings)
2005 Ranked 12th with 0-5stars, 7-4stars and 10-3stars.17 players total

2006 2nd with 3-15-3 respectively 24 total

2007 1st with 5-13-6 29 total

2008 5th with 2-14-2 22 total

2009 7th with 4-7-7 only 18 total

2010 1st with 5-17-6 28 total

Muschamp recruiting at UF:

2011 11th with 1-10-8 19 total (Some leeway must be granted here due to coaching staff changes in Dec 2010)

2012 3rd with 3-13-7 23 total

2013 3rd with 2-14-12 28 total

2014 9th with 1-8-15 24 total

Spurrier recruiting at SC:

2010 34th with 1-3-15 23 total

2011 17th with 1-6-24 33 total

2012 15th with 0-10-15 25 total

2013 20th with 0-4-15 21 total

2014 19th with 0-10-10 20 total

2015 20th with 0-7-23 31 total

Muschamp recruiting at SC:

2016 25th with 0-6-20 27 total

2017 21th with 0-6-20 26 total

2018 18th with 0-9-13 22 total

See any pattern here? The Chump had it all at UF and failed miserably. Spurrier succeeded at SC because he is one of the greatest coaches of our age (credit where credit is due). The Chump is NOT Spurrier. At Florida he inherited a program that was near its pinnacle and ran it into the ground. Now at SC he has inherited a program that was already in decline and you think he'll make it BETTER?????!!!!! With recruiting classes averaging around 20th Nationally with ZERO 5 star recruits vs the UF classes that averaged Top 5???????!!!!!!!

Now something CAN BE said for learning your lesson after a failed first start and I believe some very good coaches got off to a rocky start but only time will tell if the Chump will be one of them.

I don't give SC 0% chance to win, that would be foolish, but the possibility is low and it's why we play the game. Dawgs roll by double digits.

Go Dawgs!

Well said backed up with facts.

Tmpr111

Yep those statistics make for a great argument. Still doesnt change the fact the football program wasn’t left in an attractive state by Urban dumping on them - recruits dropped like flies and Chump as you call him did a better job than accredited for..

Your situation was very much different in that Kirby walked into a stable full of studs. But I sure hope the USC game rolls the dawgs way... no telling what ole Chump would be called if he pulled that one off.

MCBUCK

Ya buncha nervous Nellies. Dawgs roll the birds in front of their mommas and daddies. Boom has his kids hang around for a half and then depth kills em….Cola is built on the hinges of hades and the heat takes too much of a toll on their 1's ...their twos and threes can in no way hang with our twos and threes.

brownceluse

Ya buncha nervous Nellies. Dawgs roll the birds in front of their mommas and daddies. Boom has his kids hang around for a half and then depth kills em….Cola is built on the hinges of hades and the heat takes too much of a toll on their 1's ...their twos and threes can in no way hang with our twos and threes.

Exactly!

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
He inherited a program that was near it's pinnacle? Seriously? Cmon. That's your head coach. Not to take away from what he's done since being there, but he inherited one of the most talented teams in the nation. Cmon, you're too emotionally invested to see certain things. Being too much of a FANatic can make things cloudy, and cause stress. :)

The talent might have been there, although I dont think it was all of that with whip cream on top. What he did inherit was a team that had no clue of how to wind, and a weak OL. It is usually harder to change a losing attitude than it is getting talent.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Exactly. Kirby was our Defensive Coach for enough years to put a few rings on his finger. The man knows how to build the toughest defense in the nation, and I have no idea he's growing some monsters at UGA that are going thoroughly embarrass some SEC teams this year.