28 gauge

Toddmann

Thanks guys.

Gil not exactly sure on weight. I will check. I have not loaded any TSS for it yet. I just got it a few days ago. I bought some high brass 7.5 lead which actually pattern pretty good at 25. Only gonna use it on one if I can get him in 25 or closer.

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Toddman, based on my Savage 220B in .410's weight of 5 lbs, 13 oz., I suspect your 28 will be lighter than my .410, but heavier than a 220A in 20 gauge which is 5 lbs, .7 oz. My .410 is built on a 20 gauge frame and to keep the firing pin centered, the chamber walls are extremely thick. If, as I believe, the 28 is on the 20 gauge frame, it will be lighter because the chamber walls will have less metal than the .410, but more metal than a 20. Here are the chambers of the Yildiz single-shot compared with the Savage, both .410's.
03053.JPG

specialk

Yes I've been considering that also. Thinking about picking one up to see how it'll pattern.

Another option I've seen is the Tristar viper auto. Weighs only 5lbs and is reasonably priced. Been reading mixed reviews though.

I bought the Tri-Star silver 28g to specifically rabbit hunt. it is the best new gun purchase I have ever made. never jammed. I have shot it about 100 times. I bought a case of 7 shot for rabbit. just remember to read the break in procedure if you get one . here's a good article on it......

https://www.americanhunter.org/articles/2014/8/22/tristar-viper-g2-synthetic/

mine has the wood stock/forearm.....

Toddmann

Toddman, based on my Savage 220B in .410's weight of 5 lbs, 13 oz., I suspect your 28 will be lighter than my .410, but heavier than a 220A in 20 gauge which is 5 lbs, .7 oz. My .410 is built on a 20 gauge frame and to keep the firing pin centered, the chamber walls are extremely thick. If, as I believe, the 28 is on the 20 gauge frame, it will be lighter because the chamber walls will have less metal than the .410, but more metal than a 20. Here are the chambers of the Yildiz single-shot compared with the Savage, both .410's.
03053.JPG

Yeah Gil I have a Savage 220B .410 as well & this 28 ga feels lighter.

Gaswamp

03053.JPG
Suprised but mine weighed 5 and 4oz with fastfire mounted