Maintain your castle

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
It's why the various HOA go ballistic over truck gardens in a neighborhood. Though they have gotten less militant as having fresh has gotten trendy.

We don`t have such foolishments as that in farm and plantation country.

sinclair1

Ya`ll can have it.I prefer the peace and quiet.
We spend 2 days a week in The country, both have their positives. We do enjoy the peace and quiet as well as a sky full of stars.
I enjoy the other 5 days in the burbs too. It's as much for being around busy people who are making things happen as the slow life in the sticks. We like both lifestyles :flag:

gunnurse

Hey Sinclair- how many times do you go over your yard when you mow it. I mean, like do you go over it twice in different planes to give your yard that striped or checkerboard look? I do my yard that way, if for no other reason to make any loose clippings vanish. Do you do yours that way, cause that is the way I do mine.

sinclair1

Hey Sinclair- how many times do you go over your yard when you mow it. I mean, like do you go over it twice in different planes to give your yard that striped or checkerboard look? I do my yard that way, if for no other reason to make any loose clippings vanish. Do you do yours that way, cause that is the way I do mine.
No patterns, I actually try and make it look like it has zero stripes. All one piece of green. I mow every two days sometimes three if in Hancock so I only cut about 1/4 inch off at a time. I actually just finished mowing and vacuuming the lawn just now.
I feel like a real Baron of Bermuda too.

sinclair1

There are dozens of lawns on this street just as nice or nicer than mine. I just keep it looking good ever day no matter when you come by the house. Same for clean trucks and cars and the house can accept visitors or family without the famous cleaning frenzy. Everything is ready 24-7

sinclair1

Watches and guns are in cases and stored with pride in the safe. Do y'all dusty slobs just toss your guns in the corner or take pride. That's all my yard is....something I take pride in....heck everything I own gets a prideful treatment. Maybe if you didn't come from the gutter you wouldn't understand. I rolled a lot of gutter balls coming up in life.

NOYDB

BANNED
Had an agreement with the wife when we got married, outside was mine, inside was hers. I do whatever cleaning she requests but otherwise it's up to her.

Neighbor wives out for a walk with their husbands have actually dragged their husbands down my driveway to show them my garage. That's how it is done is a direct quote.

However, in several decades none have ever commented on my lawn. Neither good or bad.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I`d just as soon have a swept yard like we had when I was a youngun.

We had a dirt floor and Mamma drew designs on it. She always told us to brush our feet, before we went outside.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I cant find anybody to help me with my lawn. It is a mess, so I keep it cut low, so the dandelions and the wild onions and clover dont take it over. I would pay a man whatever he wanted to fix my lawn. I just cant keep up with it anymore, and I love a nice lawn.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
I keep mine cut cause out here in the country your youngn’s gotta be able to see snakes that don’t need stepping on. And I don’t like wet feet before I get to work.