Sierra Game Changer Bullets

Has anyone else tried the new Sierra game changer bullets? I bought a box of 6mm 90 gr bullets. They advertise a BC of .49, I will say they are much longer than the 90 gr Nosler BT I have on hand. They shot well and I was able to get really good velocity from a 20" barrel. The Savage Axis allowed me to seat the bullets long.
Just need to try them on a deer now. I may be pushing them a little hard for a poly tipped bullet but, I think the copper jacket is a little thicker on the game changer bullets. Hopefully I will know more in a few months.

Attachments

• 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 021.PNG
    021.PNG
    526.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 022.PNG
    022.PNG
    464.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 80

wareagle700

I'm interested in trying the 90gr 6mm's in my 1-10 twist Tikka. I wonder if they are longer than the 95gr Nosler BT?

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
They look pretty good. I have never used them though. I always used Sierra 85 grain HPBT Game Kings in my .243 and they were always devastating and seemed to be as accurate as the Match Kings.

jmoser

Tipped Match King:

Introducing the Sierra GameChanger Hunting bullet - the perfect combo of match accuracy coupled with deadly penetration.

Sierra has re-engineered their MatchKing bullet into a hollow point design for quick expansion and fitted it with a transparent green tip for ballistic uniformity.

Inside - the GameChanger has a unique construction that utilizes a special lead alloy surrounded by a touch copper jacket delivering excellent penetration and expansion at a variety of ranges.

I'm interested in trying the 90gr 6mm's in my 1-10 twist Tikka. I wonder if they are longer than the 95gr Nosler BT?
They are considerably longer, if you have no room in your magazine for added length it will increase pressure to push a longer bullet into the case to achieve same OAL as before. My Savage Axis allows me to seat these bullets to a much longer OAL, than SAAMI specs. In doing so I was able to use more powder, so I'm able to achieve 24" velocity out of a 20" barrel.

what app is that?

Its "ballistic" app, I have two, the regular version and the AE version. Honsetly I don't even remember what the advance app does that the standard app wont do. The advance was $10-20 bucks cant remember. I love it. I have only tested the ballistics out to 400 yards, but you can select your bullets from a list of bullets suppliers in the app, and it will pull in the BC etc, you supply the velocity and it will calculate the flight path. I have tried it and it works. I had some hand loads for my son and his 7mm mag, that we entered. He adjusted his scope (leupold target turrets), and let it go, first shot dead gatorade bottle at 400.

Attachments

• 002.PNG
    002.PNG
    128.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 003.PNG
    003.PNG
    131.8 KB · Views: 14

Jester896

Senior Clown
I use Strelok Pro for my ballistic app, but it doesn't have the group measuring capabilities or I am not aware it does.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I tried the 130 Tipped Match Kings in my .260 and wasn't overly impressed but I wasn't shooting deer.

wareagle700

They are considerably longer, if you have no room in your magazine for added length it will increase pressure to push a longer bullet into the case to achieve same OAL as before. My Savage Axis allows me to seat these bullets to a much longer OAL, than SAAMI specs. In doing so I was able to use more powder, so I'm able to achieve 24" velocity out of a 20" barrel.

Oh I'm not worried about the length of the loaded cartridge, I can load out to 2.950" in my mags. I was wondering about the length pertaining to stability in a 10 twist.

Oh I'm not worried about the length of the loaded cartridge, I can load out to 2.950" in my mags. I was wondering about the length pertaining to stability in a 10 twist.
Oh, got it. Well the twist rate on the Savage I have is 1:9.25, and at they were all under an inch group. It's at least stable enough for me.

These were loaded to 2.840", If i remember correctly the lands contacted around 2.86 or .88 cant remember for certain.