Traditional or Inline

Bigbore51

problem with inline

built a inline from a mauser action and a t/c renage bbl. looked good shot good. Had to get it out of my house. The sprit of my gggrand father haunted me for a week till I gave it to a friend.

Muldoon

I'd rather take a 5 gallon cold water enema that to hunt with an Inline!!

shdw633

Inline, four of them,a 45 cal TC Omega, Knight 50 cal, Remington 700 50 cal and a Remington Ultimate.

BarnesAddict

Inline, four of them,a 45 cal TC Omega, Knight 50 cal, Remington 700 50 cal and a Remington Ultimate.
You should consider sending that Remington Ultimate to Arrowhead Sporting Goods (ASG) and have them replace the original breech plug with the newly designed breech plug. Best thing you'll ever do with that rifle.

shdw633

You should consider sending that Remington Ultimate to Arrowhead Sporting Goods (ASG) and have them replace the original breech plug with the newly designed breech plug. Best thing you'll ever do with that rifle.

I did. I'm on the UML FB page.

Rabun

I have three ML's...700 ML, Penn Hunter FL and a percussion carbine. Have actually killed more deer with the flintlock than any other gun I own (haven't killed a bunch of deer in my day). Lately though I've been toting the scoped inline primarily due to my old eyes having issues with open sites. I do enjoy shooting the FL the most of all my guns. We usually have a pumkin shoot around turkey day every year and the Fam always wants to shoot the flintlock....Huzzah!

Esau

Traditional, for rifles and bows. I always wanted to be a mountain man.

Buckman18

I shoot a TC Encore, but the more I read about Hillbilly’s flintlock the more I want to try one of them.

Lorren68

I have all 3. CVA mountain rifle flintlock in 54, T/C Hawken caplock in 50, CVA Hunterbolt magnum inline. I have hunted with all 3 at different times.

one hogman

I like them ALL, I got Caplocks and inlines but mostly use the inlines these days due to old eyes and needing a scope to make a good killing shot, my fav is a TC encore pro hunter 28" , it is a real shooter with a 250 gr hornady SST bullet and 150 grains of triple 7 pellets!, It is a solid 200 yd gun.

GeorgiaBob

Never had in interest in "in-line." I just don't get the excitement in shooting what is essentially a retrograde single shot modern rifle that is hard to load and shoots only black powder (or comparable substitutes).

I do have a .50 cal Traditions flintlock with fiber optic sights, so I have to admit I am not entirely a purist. I also have a (modern build) Enfield Pattern 1853 (percussion rifled musket .58 cal), an 1840s built .45 cal percussion halfstock (44" barrel), a modern build .45 cal percussion halfstock (40" barrel) with hooded sights, and a couple more on the way.

One of the rifles coming will be my 8 year old grandson's first firearm - a .50 cal full stock "Kentucky" flintlock. It will be as tall as he is right now, but he will grow into it. It is going to be a blast watching him with that!

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
Never had in interest in "in-line." I just don't get the excitement in shooting what is essentially a retrograde single shot modern rifle that is hard to load and shoots only black powder (or comparable substitutes).

I do have a .50 cal Traditions flintlock with fiber optic sights, so I have to admit I am not entirely a purist. I also have a (modern build) Enfield Pattern 1853 (percussion rifled musket .58 cal), an 1840s built .45 cal percussion halfstock (44" barrel), a modern build .45 cal percussion halfstock (40" barrel) with hooded sights, and a couple more on the way.

One of the rifles coming will be my 8 year old grandson's first firearm - a .50 cal full stock "Kentucky" flintlock. It will be as tall as he is right now, but he will grow into it. It is going to be a blast watching him with that!
In-line is just a way for the non-enthusiast to cash in on a hunting weekend, and even more in other states.

I've built 2 hawken kits in .50 cal, went through the normal miss-fires and breakdowns. Actually shot a doe once with a half dozen rubber bands hooked on the hammer (with the trigger and trigger assembly fallen off and lost)

Last few years though I've just taken the bow for that weekend.