Ocmulgee

chrislibby88

Yea it’s a Winchester. I don’t remember the exact model. I can check when I get back home.
Winchester 255 lever action hammerless. Aluminum receiver, just a budget gun in general. Kinda wish it was one of the nice ones, when they weren’t in the budget gun market, but it was my dads, then mine as a kid, and still gets the job done. As long as you work the action like a man it is 100% reliable. I need to break it down and give it a good cleaning. Pretty sure for the past 30 years this has only had oil added every year, and no cleaning other than the bore.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I didn’t notice the lever , mine is a pump

Hal

I didn't notice the lever either. Thought it was a semi-auto and couldn't figure out what model it could be. Nice that its been in the family for awhile and keeps getting the job done.

chrislibby88

I didn't notice the lever either. Thought it was a semi-auto and couldn't figure out what model it could be. Nice that its been in the family for awhile and keeps getting the job done.
Me and my brothers are lucky that our father rarely, if ever, sold any of his guns. We each have pieces that he had and hunted with, that were passed to us as we got old enough to shoot them.

I am thinking about getting a semi auto .22 mag, especially something that is optics friendly.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Heck yea Chris way to lay the smack down!!! Woohoo! That’s awesome. When we used to go down to Perry we always went to Oaky. As we seemed to had a tough time navigating Ocmulgee......not sure why it’s been a long time!

chrislibby88

Heck yea Chris way to lay the smack down!!! Woohoo! That’s awesome. When we used to go down to Perry we always went to Oaky. As we seemed to had a tough time navigating Ocmulgee......not sure why it’s been a long time!

Yea Oaky Woods is all one lump, and the main road circles through the property, so it’s easy to get around. Ocmulgee is pretty tricky to get around. It has some connected larger sections, but there isn’t a main access road, so you timetimes have to drive way off property to access adjacent areas, and then there are the disconnected sections that are miles apart. It’s tricky.

QuackHead90

There is one tract of oaky that’s not connected to the main tract. It’s down 247 towards the Houston county landfill

chrislibby88

There is one tract of oaky that’s not connected to the main tract. It’s down 247 towards the Houston county landfill
You are correct. There is another chunk off 96, but they are relatively insignificant, so I forgot about them. The majority of Oaky Woods is all one connected sorta square chunk. Ocmulgee is a mess of a polygon with all sorts of weird corners with inconvenient access.

QuackHead90

Yeah I have killed deer and turkeys on the tract behind work(Frito lay) and the one on 247. I actually have part of Longstreet that was wma as my hunting club.

QuackHead90

And by the way Chris I graduated high school with Will.