Zone 8 gator hunting

I'm looking for some tips for places to gator hunt in zone 8 we went to the Savannah river Saturday night around tuckasee boat ramp but only seen a few and couldn't get close enough to get them any help or tips would be greatly appreciated this is my first time doing this

Burton

There isn't much information online about how to get close. It can be a real pain to approach 20 gators in one night and all of them drop before you can tell what they are. Maybe try hunting in daytime. If you spot something worth pursuing, wait them out. They typically come back up within 10 minutes. It may be best to use a rod and reel so you'll have a 50 yard reach for that first hook. Use binoculars to spot them in the day b/c they will drop before you get close.

Looks like that ramp is pretty far in. I would assume you'd see a lot more gators east of 95.

Hope you have better luck next time. Sorry I don't have any places to recommend.

Redman54

Try the Ogeechee River south and north of 95. You can put in at Kings Ferry( Hwy 17) and have plenty of river to hunt both ways.

hancock husler

Shine above the water,not directly on the water. Use the trolling motor as much as possible when approaching

HunterJoe24

"Halo" the gators with your light. That means don't shine it directly at there eyes when approaching but to where the very bottom of the light is revealing the gator and as stated above use the trolling motor for all final stalks