Moonpie's breakfast Bistro..... What y'all having?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dub

Wife & son's breakfast this morning. A knock off copy McDonald's steak, egg & cheese bagels.....pretty much the best thing they have going on their menu. The Artisan grilled shicken sammich ain't too shabby either.

Had these Angus sirloin cuts marinating overnight with some lime juice & homebrew AP rub.

They destroyed them.....surprised me, because they were sizable.

So.....what happened to that third sirloin piece ?

It was sliced & stuffed in a leftover Cubanelle pepper that I'd roasted last night. Also put some sharp cheddar and Monterey Jack in there along with a some Vidalia.

My breakfast. Tastier than their bagels. :)

Decided it didn't appear to be quite fit to eat just yet....but an over-easy egg rested on top of it finished it off.

Dub

Well folks......went to bed early last night....woke up crazy early, too.

Gave up on more sleep and transitioned over to coffee & reading time.

A could hours of this and it was high time for breakfast.....wanted to get a jump start on it before the tribe was up and rushing for food. (y)

Having cook tacos & such yesterday for them yesterday I had some ideas in mind for breakfast.

Ran out of the AP rub that I've really grown to rely on......so I mixed up a batch using the old bottle: black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder & salt. Flavor is good, in my opinion...and the salt % is likely lower than the original.

As the potatoes began coming along nicely, I hit 'em with peppers & onions.

Bacon & Jimmy Dean Hot made ready.

Cheesed eggs.

I hit my plate with a dose of Cholula Salsa Verde.....if there's a better breakfast hot sauce....I don't know what it is.

Done until suppertime this evening. :)

Dub

The other day I hit up nearest Food Lion looking for some of the street taco sauce that @GA1dad recommended.

We had an awesome Food Lion about 3 miles away....for whatever reason it wasn't heavily patronized and closed after only being open three years or so....stood empty for a while.....then Walmart bought it and turned into a Neighborhood Market.

The amount of business that it does it unreal. Place is always busy, but they handle the flow really swiftly at checkout lines. Prices are great. Produce is limited and lately has been not so good.

It was good to roll through a Food Lion for a change. Nearest one is about 8 miles away. Prices were even better than Neighborhood Market, too....at least on the stuff I was looking at.....which brings me to the point of this post......practically giving away pork tenderloins....the unseasoned version that seems to be impossible to find at Neighborhood Market (theirs seem to always be seasoned with chipotle lemon-lime-ginger-SouthWest Tuscan mesquite garlic pepper sage or some such).

Picked on up and tossed it in the fridge until this morning.

Son had said he wanted breakfast at 9:30....and I beat his time by 5 minutes. :)

Olive oil heated up while I sliced it into biscuit-sized portions....quick sear on both sides of each.

Got the gravy started. I tend to no care much for any type of gravy....but for some reason I like this one. It's my copycat of the tenderloin biscuits from a popular local country cafe that's located in my hometown. Haven't been there in decades.....but those biscuits were amazing. They serve 'em wrapped in foil because they were so messy.

Seasoned with some ground pepper, salt, chicken rub and tarragon. That last ingredient is what really sets it off.

I think I'll have one myself and be good until suppertime. (y)

GA1dad

I visit out local Food Lion a lot. They always have meats on "Manager's Special". I love a good white milk gravy,, would love to sample one of those biscuits!!

Reactions: Dub

ambush80

A could hours of this and it was high time for breakfast.....wanted to get a jump start on it before the tribe was up and rushing for food. (y)

Having cook tacos & such yesterday for them yesterday I had some ideas in mind for breakfast.

Ran out of the AP rub that I've really grown to rely on......so I mixed up a batch using the old bottle: black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder & salt. Flavor is good, in my opinion...and the salt % is likely lower than the original.

Cheesed eggs.

I hit my plate with a dose of Cholula Salsa Verde.....if there's a better breakfast hot sauce....I don't know what it is.

Great burrito!! I make that exact "season all": 1:3:3:3 salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. I got it from Paula Deen, though I think her proportions might be more like 1:1:1:1. It got an unceremonious nickname at hog camp after her troubles with her language use. It's still delicious. I usually add some paprika and some brown sugar to it for butt rub.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
I invented this for easy and low carb. Fried egg over a toasted, cheddar topped rice cake. I know, I know. Rice cake? I dropped 40 lbs since May. This breakfast has been a big part of it, so I figured I'd share. Rice cake and cheese goes in the oven on broil, only takes a minute or two to make it crunchy.IMG_20180825_093711.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Wife & son's breakfast this morning. A knock off copy McDonald's steak, egg & cheese bagels.....pretty much the best thing they have going on their menu. The Artisan grilled shicken sammich ain't too shabby either.

Had these Angus sirloin cuts marinating overnight with some lime juice & homebrew AP rub.

They destroyed them.....surprised me, because they were sizable.

So.....what happened to that third sirloin piece ?

It was sliced & stuffed in a leftover Cubanelle pepper that I'd roasted last night. Also put some sharp cheddar and Monterey Jack in there along with a some Vidalia.

My breakfast. Tastier than their bagels. :)

Decided it didn't appear to be quite fit to eat just yet....but an over-easy egg rested on top of it finished it off.

Cheesed eggs.

The other day I hit up nearest Food Lion looking for some of the street taco sauce that @GA1dad recommended.

We had an awesome Food Lion about 3 miles away....for whatever reason it wasn't heavily patronized and closed after only being open three years or so....stood empty for a while.....then Walmart bought it and turned into a Neighborhood Market.

The amount of business that it does it unreal. Place is always busy, but they handle the flow really swiftly at checkout lines. Prices are great. Produce is limited and lately has been not so good.

It was good to roll through a Food Lion for a change. Nearest one is about 8 miles away. Prices were even better than Neighborhood Market, too....at least on the stuff I was looking at.....which brings me to the point of this post......practically giving away pork tenderloins....the unseasoned version that seems to be impossible to find at Neighborhood Market (theirs seem to always be seasoned with chipotle lemon-lime-ginger-SouthWest Tuscan mesquite garlic pepper sage or some such).

Picked on up and tossed it in the fridge until this morning.

Son had said he wanted breakfast at 9:30....and I beat his time by 5 minutes. :)

Olive oil heated up while I sliced it into biscuit-sized portions....quick sear on both sides of each.

Got the gravy started. I tend to no care much for any type of gravy....but for some reason I like this one. It's my copycat of the tenderloin biscuits from a popular local country cafe that's located in my hometown. Haven't been there in decades.....but those biscuits were amazing. They serve 'em wrapped in foil because they were so messy.

Seasoned with some ground pepper, salt, chicken rub and tarragon. That last ingredient is what really sets it off.

I think I'll have one myself and be good until suppertime. (y)
Dub, durn, you're killin' me, man! You need a Food Network show!

Dub

Pregaming before tractor timeView attachment 941036

Pro move there on the Sriracha & eggs.

I invented this for easy and low carb. Fried egg over a toasted, cheddar topped rice cake. I know, I know. Rice cake? I dropped 40 lbs since May. This breakfast has been a big part of it, so I figured I'd share. Rice cake and cheese goes in the oven on broil, only takes a minute or two to make it crunchy.View attachment 941037

Looks great.

Super job on your weight loss !!!!

Dub, durn, you're killin' me, man! You need a Food Network show!

:rofl: Cooked a heap during this last set of days off.

Cooked too much. Ate too much......slept too much. It was like a vacation from the grind. Went back to work last night and some serious developing issues came on quicklike....my reaction to them was calm & measured due to having the recent downtime.

Used a new skillet on it's first cook for this afternoon's breakfast. It worked out really, really well.

The huge handle design works well for me.....holding it barehanded midway during the cook on some hot country sausage.

Eggs slid around with ease....zero sticking.

Simply wiped out after the cook. I did hit it afterwards with some more oil and let it rest in the pre-heated oven. I'll keep running it this way for a several cooks and see how it develops.

Almost fit to eat......

Ready !!!

Gonna run. Time to get ready for another long night shift.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Great looking food, and a fine looking pan, also! Looking forward to seeing a lot of good eats come out of it!

Dub

Great looking food, and a fine looking pan, also! Looking forward to seeing a lot of good eats come out of it!

Thank you, man.

The 10.5" is the only product they made their first couple years in bidness.....now they are working on a 12" that should be available sometime this year.

They sell the 10.5" in both pre-seasoned and bare forms. There is an $8 upcharge for the pre-seasoned version. I gladly paid that $8.

Mine has a May 11, 2018 date of casting. Sorta cool how they do this.

Hoping to use this thing for the rest of my days and hand it over to T-Rex down the road. I'll add the 12" when they are available. These two skillets should handle my indoor cooking with ease.

They currently have a 10% discount that you can apply on first purchase if you simply sign up for their newsletter. They have a 15% military discount all the time and double that on Veteran's Day & Memorial Day.

The two main complaints that I ready up about them online were: the initial orders took long times to fill and the handle design is too large for many folks.

I ordered mine last Monday afternoon and received it this Saturday at noon. Zero complaints about that time.

The handle is large. Fits my hands well. It also stays cool for a long time during the cook. The assist handle is large, too. I like the design, but can see where some folks really wouldn't.

Has a much larger footprint than my similar sized Lodge sitting above it.

I"m really pleased with it on the first use. Lord willing.....I'll have fun with this thing for many years.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I'd turn that plate up and drink it.

Dub

I'd turn that plate up and drink it.

:rofl: :rofl: Well sir......the eggs were still in drinkable form when they were plated.

Got home this morning from work.......decided to roll with breakfast for dinner.....fired up the skillet again and kilt the last two pieces of hot country sausage and made a quick batch of French toast.

I'mma tell ya something........ole Mrs Butterworth still gots it going on. Dipped my hot country sausage in her goodness......sweet & heat and it was gametime.

Dub

Hot country sausage cooked up for breakfast for today and tomorrow.

Skillet is doing great....even on eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.