Newbie seeking advice

Talktomegoose

Hey Everybody!
I’m wanting to ease into back country type hunts in the north east Georgia mountains. I’d like to start learning the hiking/camping aspects this year before hunting next year. I had wrist surgery in March and I’m not ready for rifles or bowstrings quite yet. Are there any guides who give instruction in these areas? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

CummingDeplorable

Howdy. I’m even newer than you are to this forum. I’m after the same info. I’ve also got to find somewhere to shoot. I kind of hate shooting indoors and Wilson Shoals outdoor range is closed for renovations?

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Welcome to both of you. I will be of no help on the N. Ga issues. But --

CummingDeporable, you can add the "l" by sending a message to an administrator, their names are in Red and the easiest target is usually elfiii.

Mray44mag

Harris Creekside Range in Taylorsville Ga is a outdoor range. Rifle has 25 50 and 100 yd range, skeet and trap and a pistol range. They have a website. It's ran really well and is owned by former Ga Gov Joe Frank Harris.

greg_n_clayton

Howdy. I’m even newer than you are to this forum. I’m after the same info. I’ve also got to find somewhere to shoot. I kind of hate shooting indoors and Wilson Shoals outdoor range is closed for renovations?

Dont know where you are, but the USFS has a shooting range up here.

ConnaMo

I am right there with yall. Have always hunting private land and would like to start getting into some public lands.