Zeus done for the year ACL torn

Horns

Zamir White had a non contact injury today in scrimmage on punt formation. Tore his ACL in his left knee. Really hate it for the kid

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
Yep saws that also. Hope he has a speedy recovery!

TinKnocker

Gutted for this kid. Back to back ACLs will be a tough mental recovery.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
Man I was really looking forward to seeing him play. Red shirt him and roll out the next guy. Ughhh....

WGSNewnan

as messed up as this seems - it could be good for him and the program. redshirt him. let him rehab another year while learning the playbook. he'll be back with two stronger knees next year.
it also helps with the crowded backfield we have this year - unfortunately.

westcobbdog

I think Zamir White is now 2 years away from being impactful. Hoping he can get his health in order and also get his UGA degree in due tim.

BuckNasty83

I don't wish ill will, or injury on anyone, but it sure would be nice, for the pup fans, to see first hand, what it's like to be reduced to 3rd string

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Zamir would have had a battle for 4th string going on.

Unicoidawg

Staff member
I don't wish ill will, or injury on anyone, but it sure would be nice, for the pup fans, to see first hand, what it's like to be reduced to 3rd string

What are you talking about? Just because we are stacked with talent now doesn't mean we have not been down the injury road before.

TinKnocker

Big surprise, a thinly veiled celebration from a Vol when a GA player gets injured.

BuckNasty83

What are you talking about? Just because we are stacked with talent now doesn't mean we have not been down the injury road before.
Check us out the past 2 years. If not the worst in the country, it has to be up there. Think 19 injuries last year and 16 was something like 24? I may be wrong, but I'm close

BuckNasty83

Big surprise, a thinly veiled celebration from a Vol when a GA player gets injured.
No. Just speaking hypothetical. Like I said. I don't wish harm to any players. As dim witted as most of these guys are, they are still kids. And they give their all for a sport, that I greatly admire. Hated seeing Lattimore go down, hated Seeing Gurly, and Chubb etc. It's the overconfident fans that mock us and act like an injury riddled team like UT should carry on with 3rd string as if nothing happened kind of people that I'd rather be affected

brownceluse

No. Just speaking hypothetical. Like I said. I don't wish harm to any players. As dim witted as most of these guys are, they are still kids. And they give their all for a sport, that I greatly admire. Hated seeing Lattimore go down, hated Seeing Gurly, and Chubb etc. It's the overconfident fans that mock us and act like an injury riddled team like UT should carry on with 3rd string as if nothing happened kind of people that I'd rather be affected

You missed the point all together my friend. Good teams recruit quality depth. That way injuries hurt a team not devistate a team. UT never built quality depth under Butch. Richt either. You as a fan are using it as excuse. Therefore making it a hilarious argument. Butch sucked it up. He got fired not because of injuries but because he didn’t run his program correctly which made him lose lots of games. Pruitt will recruit better but he will self implode because he wasn’t ready for the job just like Butch wasn’t. Both have and will fail but for totally different reasons.

joepuppy

Brown, I have seen this post from you several times. So I will address it now. Butch was not ready for the SEC.He ran a program that didn't allow for any issue. That won't work down here. He got humbled. But he is history at UT. No, we don't have depth yet. But that will come soon. Josh Dobbs won the majority of the games under Butch. Not Butch. I will give credit where it is due. Dobbs beat UGA with the hail mary, not Butch. Do you see what I mean???

BuckNasty83

You missed the point all together my friend. Good teams recruit quality depth. That way injuries hurt a team not devistate a team. UT never built quality depth under Butch. Richt either. You as a fan are using it as excuse. Therefore making it a hilarious argument. Butch sucked it up. He got fired not because of injuries but because he didn’t run his program correctly which made him lose lots of games. Pruitt will recruit better but he will self implode because he wasn’t ready for the job just like Butch wasn’t. Both have and will fail but for totally different reasons.
Obviously depth is needed yes. But when your looking for guys beyond 3 deep, your in trouble. I doubt the u.s. a team out there besides Bama that plug in 3rd string and not be effected by it much. Note with that said. We're not talking about 1 position. This was multiple positions. Sure you can throw in a 3rd string rb or we, or even a te. But when you get to linemen, lbs and other overlooked positions, it's straining. Especially playing guys out of position. Sure, it was Butches job to recruit better depth. But my defense is not an excuse. It's a valid. You can not compete at this level with 3rd string, coupled with incompetent coaches. If it was that easy, players wouldn't sit on the bench, they would swap out like 1s and 2s do. But when your starting 3rd stringers, you swapping with 4th string, which is walk ons, non scholarship players, scout team and guys playing out of position. There is no talent that deep dude

Last edited:

brownceluse

Brown, I have seen this post from you several times. So I will address it now. Butch was not ready for the SEC.He ran a program that didn't allow for any issue. That won't work down here. He got humbled. But he is history at UT. No, we don't have depth yet. But that will come soon. Josh Dobbs won the majority of the games under Butch. Not Butch. I will give credit where it is due. Dobbs beat UGA with the hail mary, not Butch. Do you see what I mean???

We also played a freshman QB in that game with a 100% turn over with a coaching staff from head coach to O cord. And it still took a Hail Mary. So yes I see what you mean. I still think Pruitt fails unless he’s changed. But if he does he won’t UT in the shape Butch did. He can recruit