2018 Georgia Trappers Association Convention

buttplate

I have not seen the date or location. If it is here I missed it. Can someone advise?

Jake Allen

Here you go

Attachments

• GTA.JPG
    GTA.JPG
    226.8 KB · Views: 67

buttplate

Good deal and thank you for the info. I had searched it out on another site. I made my room reservations yesterday and will get there Thursday afternoon/evening if anyone would like to grab dinner or an adult beverage give me a shout. We are staying at Mountaintop Inn and Resort.
Hope to see everyone there.

Last edited:

buttplate

Is anyone else going to be at the convention?

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I might be there depending on work I live close enough I can practically walk there

buttplate

I spent all of Friday and most of Saturday at the convention. I met some new friends and saw some wonderful demonstrations. IT WAS A GREAT TIME!!!

Thank you to all of the vendors and those who worked so hard to make it a success. I live in Monroe and it was well worth the drive. There were great demonstrations put on by very knowledgeable trappers. The trap line was a hit and possibly the it was very encouraging to see all of the young folks excited enough to be up early enough to ride the trap line Saturday morning when they could have been sleeping in.

Thanks again to all who worked to make this year's convention.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO MATCH WITS WITH GOD'S CREATURES. Post pictures when you catch.

buttplate

Throwback, did you make it to the convention?

cdd

I attended both days. Food was good. Got to put a face with a lot of names I've heard of over the years and swap information on techniques. I got to watch several good trappers demo their methods. I would like to thank everyone involved for their hard work and dedication on putting on the event.

CritterCatcher

Drove up from Hinesville Thursday evening and got there about 1:15 am. Slept in my car until they opened up. Spent Friday nite in one of the cabins. Not the greatest of accommodations, but I have slept in a stable beside a cow, so I guess I can sleep about anywhere.

I'll second buttplate's sentiments. Well worth the drive. Just being around trappers is enjoyment for me. Then you add in some great demos and good food, it was fantastic. I want to give a big shout out to Jason Chapman for his demo on snaring beaver. I can't wait to put it to use. If only the gators and moccasins would clear out of the waters.

One last thing, if you're a trapper in GA, and you don't belong to GTA, spend the money to join. You can join for as little as $10. And no, they didn't ask me to say that, it's just my opinion that we need a united voice against the anti's and GTA provides that.

Whiskydog

I enjoyed the convention too. Got some great tips on trapping and met some very interesting folks.. Picked up a few items I wanted for trapping,
and gifts for folks back home.
The family stayed in a cottage in the park and enjoyed the park activities, while I was at the convention.

Mark K

Banned
I had seen the flyer and for some reason I had it in my head it was in October. I even told my boys I may skip opening day of firearms season to go. Hate that I missed it. Just got back into trappimg this past May and I’m beyond excited for January to roll around to get back setting!

buttplate

Great news, while they are not the Dan's hip boots the guys at the convention were sporting I found some Frog Togg hip boots at Dicks and Durham's today. These will fit my needs until I ware them out and for about $125 less. I will move to the Dan's next time, maybe.

Those guys trap for a living, I just love to trap!!!!!

buttplate

That happened to me a couple years ago. I retired in August and will not miss another convention.