War Between the States

Status
Not open for further replies.

westcobbdog

Gen. Maxey Gregg was the man.

Bass if u want a good read on the amazing story that was the Andrews raid read Russell Bonds “Stealing the General” as it’s an awesome book. One of my clients relatives was a yank named Wollam who was a raider and in the book after capture escaped captivity multiple times, the last time taking the hooch all the way to the Gulf to find safety with the yankee fleet.

BassRaider

Gen. Maxey Gregg was the man.

Bass if u want a good read on the amazing story that was the Andrews raid read Russell Bonds “Stealing the General” as it’s an awesome book. One of my clients relatives was a yank named Wollam who was a raider and in the book after capture escaped captivity multiple times, the last time taking the hooch all the way to the Gulf to find safety with the yankee fleet.

Already read and plan to reread. Thanks.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
General Stand Waite was born there but I don’t ever remember reading that about his men.

westcobbdog

Yep he’s the man. His men were Indians and did not care for artillery directed their way.
He was one of the very last to surrender to the yankees.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Yep he’s the man. His men were Indians and did not care for artillery directed their way.
He was one of the very last to surrender to the yankees.

I suspect most of us would not be fond of artillery aimed at us. And I’m Irish not Cherokee ?

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I suspect most of us would not be fond of artillery aimed at us. And I’m Irish not Cherokee ?

I am a mixture of both, Irish and Cherokee, with a little highland Scot mix in for good measure.

We don't care for artillery fire to be directed at us either.

BassRaider

West, I figured you if anyone would get this? He is in the book you recommended.
Hint: politician that was heavenly involved during the War.

westcobbdog

Right before Bragg was gone from command this fiery gent told him he would not be accepting any more orders from him and would not be facing arrest or charges for that. He also told him if their paths should cross another day that Braggs life’s would be imperiled.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Right before Bragg was gone from command this fiery gent told him he would not be accepting any more orders from him and would not be facing arrest or charges for that. He also told him if their paths should cross another day that Braggs life’s would be imperiled.

If I remember correctly that was our General Nathan Bedford Forrest.

westcobbdog

not Mr U, whomever that is! Think smaller gent very tenacious wanting to burn down every crop and home he came across.....

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
This yank spent an extra year at West Point for pointing a bayonet at a Southerner.

Sounds like the Union terrorist known as Little Phil.

Union General Phillip Sheridan

Status
Not open for further replies.