11/17/18 Opener

Hunter/Mason

Me and my buddy hunted my swamp this morning. As we were setting up we had birds everywhere. My first shot on the first group of the year was a banded wood duck drake. Within a minute or two of that shot a pair swings in and the second shot of the year was a banded wood duck hen. And the following 2 folded the drake she was with. We ended the morning with 1 more drake. These are the only banded ducks I’ve ever killed it was awesome and it was on my own land. This swamp has really produced some ducks the last few years. Hope everyone stays safe and has a good season.

Huntingdawg

Me and my buddy hunted my swamp this morning. As we were setting up we had birds everywhere. My first shot on the first group of the year was a banded wood duck drake. Within a minute or two of that shot a pair swings in and the second shot of the year was a banded wood duck hen. And the following 2 folded the drake she was with. We ended the morning with 1 more drake. These are the only banded ducks I’ve ever killed it was awesome and it was on my own land. This swamp has really produced some ducks the last few years. Hope everyone stays safe and has a good season.
Where /When were they banded?

Hunter/Mason

My place is in Spalding Co, Ga. 1 was banded in Hampton Ga in August the other Banded in Locust Grove Ga in July. This year, Both local birds I’m assuming off the reservoirs close by.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
They must band a good many over there on the reservoirs. Ive been hunting over that way and I know on 2 different occasions we've killed banded woodies that were just like yours....same year and within a few miles

BP1994

Killed one last year in Northwest Ga that was banded in Ontario and one the year before from Fairfax Virginia

gtmcwhorter

Hunted by myself. 3 woodies decoyed and I shot 2, 2 minutes after legal time. Sat until 9:30 hoping for some divers and didn't fire another shot.
Could have invited me! We hunted big water on Oconee and killed one old hen mallard. Fog killed us for sure

Done a bit of house keeping. Some post have been deleted. Keep it clean. I will say nothing more on this.