Another Terrible Officiating Call!

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Not ridiculous at all. He didn't control the ball through the process of making the catch. Pretty clear to me. Of course I don't have rose colored glasses though.

DAWG1419

Not ridiculous at all. He didn't control the ball through the process of making the catch. Pretty clear to me. Of course I don't have rose colored glasses though.
Isn’t it funny you can run/stretch the ball over the plain and fumble and it’s a td for backs, but a Different set of rules for receivers?

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Isn’t it funny you can run/stretch the ball over the plain and fumble and it’s a td for backs, but a Different set of rules for receivers?
It is different no doubt but a back is in control of the ball before it breaks the plain. A receiver has to control the ball through the process of making a catch

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
That was a catch. Plain and simple. Dude caught it and came down on his back with it. It was under control, only to be knocked away after he was down on his back. I've seen one handed catches that were less convincing called a TD. Or a receiver making a one handed catch just before he goes out of bounds. Them clowns robbed Ole Miss of a TD last night.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I don not think there was enough there to overturn the call. The guy was on his back with the ball.

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, I'm with the officials on this one. All he had to do was tuck the ball to his chest and maintain control as he hit the ground. He didn't, the ball comes out of his hand and another sad episode of the Rebel Black Bears comes to an end.

Silver Britches

Sorry, I'm with the officials on this one. All he had to do was tuck the ball to his chest and maintain control as he hit the ground. He didn't, the ball comes out of his hand and another sad episode of the Rebel Black Bears comes to an end.
He couldn't bring it in to his chest. He makes the catch with 2 hands and the defender pulls his left arm away. The receiver moved the ball away to his right hand to preserve the catch, maintaining control the entire time until he his laying on his back. I don't know if y'all are trolling or blind. I suspect blind! :bounce:

What about all those one handed TD catches we've seen so many times? How is this any different?

Silver Britches

1)not a catch
2)ugasux
3)bama gonna kill the dogs?
This ain't the Citadel y'all are playing, son! Get your boxes of tissues and hard liquor stocked up in advance! You're gonna need a way to ease the pain we're about to give you.

Matthew6

Banned thug
ill have you charlie, slayer, brown and ol man elfiiiiii sporting bama avatars until the 4th of july?

Silver Britches

Bring it on thug?
Pain will be served in due time. Enjoy your undefeated season while you can.
ill have you charlie, slayer, brown and ol man elfiiiiii sporting bama avatars until the 4th of july?
Nope. That's when the pain of getting whooped by the Dawgs will finally not sting as bad for you. :ROFLMAO:
and good luck to all of you dogsux hunting today?
Didn't go today. Seen a few deer yesterday, just nothing big enough I wanted to pull the trigger on. I'm sure he appreciated me letting him pass. :bounce:

:cheers:

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
He couldn't bring it in to his chest. He makes the catch with 2 hands and the defender pulls his left arm away. The receiver moved the ball away to his right hand to preserve the catch, maintaining control the entire time until he his laying on his back. I don't know if y'all are trolling or blind. I suspect blind! :bounce:

What about all those one handed TD catches we've seen so many times? How is this any different?
Take off your rose colored glasses. It was not a catch

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
He didn't have control of it with his one hand all the way to the ground?
yes. He had control when he went to the ground but he didn't complete the process of a catch. I picked ole miss to win so I would have rather it been called a catch. But sadly it wasn't