MNF......whatcha cooking up tonight....Monday Night Foodz ?????

Dub

Another cool & rainy day.....went out and had some fun in the mud for a while.....but otherwise stayed dry...keeping this cook indoors this evening.

So.....this is what I'm gonna start with......a pair of ripe Romas and some safe lettuce.

More to come....hopefully.

What is everyone cooking up tonight ?????

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Was a toss up between fried venison & fried chicken tenders. I think my wife is thawing chicken tenders.
Maybe some rice & corn.

Reactions: Dub

rhbama3

Administrator
Staff member
Did the smothered fried deer cube steak last night.
Tonight is wild hog sausage and chicken gumbo.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Mrs. elfiii says we havin' breakfast for dinner. I hope she's rickin' up some Geechee Boy jalapeno cheese grits to go with that breakfast!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Still got a bucket full of that sinigang soup left, so we're cook'n a pone of bread and warm'n it up one more time before freezing whats left.

Dub

Sliced the ends off these and into a pot over some butter with a small bit of flour.

Let 'em hang on over some heat for a while.

Added some nutmeg, freshly ground pepper, Tony C's, salt, cayenne pepper, Zatarain's crab boil and some crab meat with cream & milk.

Stirring occasionally while it hung out over the heat.

Nice flavored crab soup was had.

Wife loved it !!!!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I'll put that on / in just about anything! Have hid it though, Mom thinks black pepper is "HOT" and anything red is pure evil. :eek::censored::eek:

Dub

I'll put that on / in just about anything! Have hid it though, Mom thinks black pepper is "HOT" and anything red is pure evil. :eek::censored::eek:

I've not used it in a fairly good while.....good stuff, though. Worked out perfect in the soup.

I hear ya on Spice Patrol. My Mom was not a fan of spices. She was all about herbs and stuff....just no spices.

I'm a fan of all of it. :rofl:

Some of Nics Chile

Greatness in a bowl.

This week will not end without me making another pot of that great stuff.

Looking super.

Beer, peanuts, and cereal. Still out of cooking propane and the firewood still ain’t dried out. Hoping to have some fried chicken liver and fried okra tomorrow

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I hear ya on Spice Patrol. My Mom was not a fan of spices. She was all about herbs and stuff....just no spices.
Mom's idea of a spice rack was a salt shaker and she used that sparingly. I remember when I got old enough for my Dad to give me my own pepper shaker and explain how much better it and katsoup made Mom's cook'n. Till then it was a mystery to me what was in that little bottle on Dad's end of the table.

Dub

Looks Great Dub. Reminds me of Home, Louisiana .

Nothing's better than a good ,ol Poboy.

PF

Thanks, PF.

One of our favorite local restaurants to go on date nights is the French Market Grille. They have a definite New Orleans menu and do a great job.

My wife always gets their she-crab soup. I always go for their oyster & artichoke soup. We both like their simple po'boys for lunch. I prefer the oyster version.

The soup tonight had aspects of both and she said she loved it. Super easy, too.

Dub

Looks like the Seattle Seahawks are ready to join the Yellow Vest group in France judging by the look of their uniforms on Monday Night Football tonight.