Anyone got results from the Chickasawhatchee hunt?

Bullhound

Our camp killed 11 deer so far...8 bucks and 3 does. Two really nice bucks. Don't have any pics to share but the swamps are damaged but not as bad as I expected. You can still find some pretty areas to hunt. The only issue we had was the flooding from last weekend's rain. Lot of the place isn't accessable.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Get ready for Round 2 on the rain. Supposed to get a lot of it between this afternoon and tomorrow.

Good luck.

southGAlefty

I’m glad you guys are doing better than we did, saw some pics and looks like some of the Grady county bunch did real well!

leftystar

There were tons of Deer seen and the pines are in much better shape when the salvage crew gets done with the pines it sure is gonna be pretty. The hard woods are in worse shape. Where I was wanting to go look, The roads were closed. We killed some good bucks and everyone seen deer on every sit. I think we hit it at the perfect time. Swamps were full of water, rut kicking off and the 1st good cold snap. I have never been on a hunt that good and it may be a while before something like that happens again for me. It really was like shooting fish in a barrel for us.