Is Little River near Olde Rope Mill Park (Woodstock) worth checking out?

AtlFlyGuy

So my family and I just moved from Smyrna up to Woodstock and my usual go-tos like Cochran Shoals and Whitewater are a bit further away. I know there are plenty of smaller and better streams/creeks (I've been to them) but I'm trying to find something close to home. As the father of 2 girls under 3yo I'll take whatever I can get when there is free time. I live near Mill Creek but I've heard that is really not worth checking out. I'm also not too far from Little River and Olde Rope Mill Park. I know neither of these are stocked but are they worth checking out? Are they too warm for trout? Thanks in advance!

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I doubt you will find any trout there, but some whites and hybrids move up in there in the spring run when the water comes back up a little...
Check out stamp Creek on the north side of the lake for trout. I think it is stocked...

AtlFlyGuy

Hey @1eyefishing, thanks for the info! I'll have to give Stamp Creek a look when I get some time (aka my wife lets me go fish while she watches the kids). The stocking list says it gets stocked twice each month from April - July. I'm assuming all the little creeks around 92 - such as Badger, Rubes, Mill, Noonday, etc - are all pretty much troutless? Still trying to get use to the area but I do enjoy being a bit further up north!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
No trout at Rope Mill that I know of, but it's a nice place to take the family. Like 1eye said, there's a good many whites and such in early spring, then it's bream and cats.

AtlFlyGuy

No trout at Rope Mill that I know of, but it's a nice place to take the family. Like 1eye said, there's a good many whites and such in early spring, then it's bream and cats.

I learned to fly fish catching bream and bass so I have no problem with that!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I learned to fly fish catching bream and bass so I have no problem with that!
There's a good canoe / yak portage there just a few yards from the parking lot and a lot of concrete walking / bike ways going up stream. Google has a nice sat. pic of there whole area.