51 point Illinois Buck, probably US record

BornToHuntAndFish

Illinois Hunter Shoots Possibly Largest Buck Ever In United States
29-year law enforcement veteran

Cool. Thanks for posting.

Illinois Department of Natural Resources on Facebook
ICYMI - Congratulations Keith
hunter in Williamson County could be in the running for one of the largest bucks ever shot in America
from Johnston City shot a rare buck last weekend during the first shotgun season
48064106_1854802221256041_8103438372162240512_n.jpg

Press Release:

http://www.wsiltv.com/story/39535929/local-hunter-kills-possible-record-breaking-buck

Nov 25, 2018

WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Ill. -- A hunter in Williamson County could be in the running for one of the largest bucks ever shot in America.

conservation officers told him they think the buck is 7 to 9 years old, weighs around 265 pounds alive, and could have as many as 51 scoreable points

https://wsil.images.worldnow.com/images/17876152_G.jpg

17876152_G.jpg

17876151_G.jpg

17876150_G.jpg

Follow up:

https://farmweeknow.com/story-after...ois-hunter-sets-sights-national-mark-0-183328

Johnson City resident landed a 51-point buck on private property in Williamson County during the first firearm weekend, Nov. 16-18

will officially be scored by a panel of judges in July at the Deer and Turkey Classic trade show in Peoria. The current national record, according to published reports, is a 47-point buck, taken by a Tennessee hunter in 2016

Illinois hunters took 80,896 deer during the state’s firearm deer season, up from 80,117 harvested last year

took down this buck on private property in Williamson County
after_taking_down_51_point_buck_illinois_hunter_sets_sights_national_mark_1_636796176209002189.jpg

:rockon:

Last edited:
Reactions: Dub

six

If he could have just waited one more year he may have had 52 points.

Heck of a buck. Congrats to the lucky hunter. I see he laid out some potential sponsors in the photo shoot.

Jim Boyd

Crazy town!

Big congratulations to the hunter!

Have this one on my Illinois farm, hoping he hangs around and I get to see what he may become.

Did not even hunt this section of the farm in 2018.

C7B86DF7-E009-4D88-83D5-0B5539E39AD6.jpeg

buckpasser

The funny thing about the products shown is that besides the slugs, they likely had absolutely nothing to do with the buck being killed. You could soak you and your clothes in a tub of the scent spray for a week straight and not beat the deer with the wrong wind. Tinks may be the cat’s meow, but it smells like liquid rot to me and I can’t believe a deer would believe it’s anything but a straight up stinky smell to either investigate or avoid all together...

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
Brings a new meaning two phrases like; going to be hard to top that one! Or don't get too used to killin'em this big!
Congratulations to the hunter!

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Season cancelled. Seed bull has been killed.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Product placement

Gross

That dude just turned a majestic animal's life into an ad. Good job. Better hope that karma doesn't come back around to him.

Without a doubt, this buck is something very uncommon for sure. I agree with your comment about making nothing more than an advertisement for probably everything that he has ever used in his life ...but dang , he left out what type of vehicle that he drove to the area, the brand of underwear that he was wearing, brand of toothpaste that he used earlier that day, brand of beer that he drank yesterday, what brand of socks and also the brand and exact model number of boots and what brand of boot laces that he was wearing that day as well.

Heck, I bet that you probably have to have a blonde headed wife too in order to kill such a deer as this. We all know that if you have brunettes or redheads, that you can only kill a deer with 49 points or below for such a feat. The real thing that I am disappointed with in the story is just what type of slingshot did he use to kill this buck with before he loaded it onto his 5-ton super-duty XYZ brand pickup to bring it out of the woods etc. This photo display is enough to make me want to puke. facepalm:facepalm:

I've never minded a rewarding display of your accomplishment along with your weapon of choice and also with whatever clothing you were wearing at the time.

Last edited:

fountain

That's a wild looking buck.

I'm sorry and please dont take this wrong, but that just doenst look like a world record buck. His frame looks like about to be that of a 130" buck. If he does end up being the world record, he will be out some true monarchs and giant bucks. All the extra points add up though, and he sure has a lot to add.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Congratulations to the hunter.
It’s a great looking buck but I don’t see what makes it the US record either.
I agree with fountain and hesitated with my comment until now.

If it is the record our scoring system needs some changing.

I felt the same way about the
Tony Fulton buck.

Possum

Banned
Looks like an 18” wide very heavy 8 pointer with a ton of trash. I couldn’t guess at score but I’d be surprised if it’s world record

QuackAttack101

That's a wild looking buck.

I'm sorry and please dont take this wrong, but that just doenst look like a world record buck. His frame looks like about to be that of a 130" buck. If he does end up being the world record, he will be out some true monarchs and giant bucks. All the extra points add up though, and he sure has a lot to add.

Thank you!!! I didn't want to be that guy, but I'm not seeing a world record there. Yeah his mass measurements are great and he has a bunch of kickers, but I just don't see a world record.

Awesome deer though and I'd love to have him on my wall

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
I'm with fountain and quackattack
He is an outstanding buck for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!
But I think the current records are bigger.

ucfireman

I'm not a scorer but it doesn't look huge to me either, really cool but not record.
I wonder if they will score it typical, looks like a main frame 8 or 10, so all those points would be deductions, Correct?
Now if they score it as gross score I guess I could see record numbers.