Atv Repair Needed. Any suggestions?

treemanjohn

Banned
I have a 06 Rincon 650. Today I was warming it up all the sudden it shut off. It made a funny sound. I tried to crank it now the starter spins but it doesn't crank or engage.

I have tons of compression. Tried to pull cord the sucker and it ripped the cord from my hand. It ain't a chainsaw

transfixer

you can pull the spark plug out and then use the pull starter, to make sure that the motor does spin over, then I'd probably pull the starter off and see if the gear on the end is broken or damaged ? wouldn't explain why it suddenly quit, but you gotta start somewhere .

treemanjohn

Banned
The motor is definitely turning over. I could tell that from pulling the cord.

The gear that you are referring to is that on the end of the starter?

transfixer

The motor is definitely turning over. I could tell that from pulling the cord.

The gear that you are referring to is that on the end of the starter?

Yes, but the teeth are made into the starter armature shaft, it could be they stripped , or could be the shaft is broken I suppose, if I'm not mistaken the starter turns one gear, and that gear in turn rotates the flywheel of the engine, kind of a gear reduction setup, I would just start by checking out the starter, I don't believe its too difficult to remove, shouldn't be but a couple of 10mm bolts, if there isn't anything wrong with the starter you should be able to look in the hole and check the condition of the other gear inside the engine.

Latest posts