First firearm

Jimmypop

All I ever wanted when I was growing up was a ball and bat and a gun and knife. Here's a picture of my first gun . It's a Kessler 16 ga. bolt action. It was 1953 and I was eleven yrs. old. It cost $18 at Economy Auto store. I thought I was the the stuff.

Attachments

• 0215190850.jpg
    0215190850.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 50

transfixer

My first gun that was really mine was a 20ga 870 wingmaster, after a few years I thought I had outgrown it, and traded it for a Rem 1100 12ga, wished I'd never done that, I think my dad got the 870 for about $150 back then. I've actually been scouring ads lately trying to find one.

Mine was a Ithaca mod 49 single shot .22, lever action falling block. Got it when I was 12 1/2 (1972). $29.95 with my paper route money. Loved that gun, taught me to be a good shot. Make that first one count. Traded it off years ago. Just found a replacement a few weeks ago I'm saving for my first grandchild!

baddave

red ryder bb gun- i knew at that moment i FINALLY had my first REAL gun..:)got to about 8 or 9 and got a ted williams 20 ga. youth.. took a minute before i could cock it by myself - i figured i better learn if daddy was gonna take me rabbit hunting- nice thread..

Attachments

• 20190215_153037.jpg
    20190215_153037.jpg
    752.1 KB · Views: 7

Stroker

My first real gun was a 20 gauge bolt action my dad bought for me, think it was a Western Auto brand. Several years later I traded it for a .22 semi auto. I'd pay top dollar for one now.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
Mine was a Marlin .22 semi auto. I got it in 2nd grade. I still have it

Horns

After bb guns, my first real gun was a Mossberg 500 in 12 gauge. Got it about 37 years ago and still have it

My first gun that was really mine was a 20ga 870 wingmaster, after a few years I thought I had outgrown it, and traded it for a Rem 1100 12ga, wished I'd never done that, I think my dad got the 870 for about $150 back then. I've actually been scouring ads lately trying to find one.
Dang I still got my 20 ga. Wingmaster that my dad bought. me. Think i was 12 yr old. That was in 1980. Pretty shotgun them and now. (Quality)

transfixer

Dang I still got my 20 ga. Wingmaster that my dad bought. me. Think i was 12 yr old. That was in 1980. Pretty shotgun them and now. (Quality)

Yes,, I could kick myself for trading mine off, I took many a dove and quail with that shotgun, I rarely if ever see one for sale now.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Got a .22 single shot rifle when I was about 14. I believe it was a J C Higgins. Paid for it with S&H Green Stamps. Don’t recall if I was able to get it on my own or if my brother was the straw purchaser. The good old days! Sperry & Hutchinson got me some good stuff!

View attachment 959245
Blast from the past! I can remember Mom and Grandma having the S&H Green Stamp books.

My first gun that was my own was a FIE single-shot .410 that I got on my eighth birthday. It would take a fair-sized freight train to tote the small game I killed with that thing. It was stolen from me in a house break-in about 15 years ago.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I even remember where the S&H store was growing up.

My first was a Crossman Pump .177. All my friends had a Benjamin. My first .22 was a Winchester 190. Someone along the way talked me outta that thing...smh..I still have my little brothers...his was a Ted Williams 11E maybe...same as the Winchester. I bet that gun hasn't had a box through it...scope is still in the box never mounted. My first shotgun was a Stevens Single Shot 20 ga...still have it too...just might make a good tungsten tukrey gun.

GregoryB.

My first shotgun I was about 9. It was a 16 gauge double barrel that we got from a pawn shop in the mid 70’s. Trades it for a bow to my Uncle. 20 years later he gave it back to me. Setting in my safe now.

We used green stamps to buy my Dad a shotgun A Ithaca XL 1300 that’s in my safe too.

lonewolf247

My First gun was a Red Ryder I think, followed by a couple other Daisy BB guns. Few years later, stepped up to a Benjamin Pump in .177. Believe or not still have that gun, and it functions! Never once had a problem with it. It's probably close to 45 years old!

My first real shotgun was a Franchi 48al 20 gauge, which I had got for my 10th or 11th birthday or so, and still have it. At age 15, my brother and I sold enough pecans, to each buy a Remington 1100. He bought the 2 3/4", and I bought the 3" mag model. We both still have those guns today too.

Boondocks

I have a 870 20ga. wingmaster lw .It was not my first but close.It is still my go to shotgun when i open the safe.Forty years and shoots like new.

bullgator

Winchester model 131 bolt action .22 rifle. I still have it and shoot it.
It was a Christmas present from my parents when I was about 14.

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
After bb guns, my first real gun was a Mossberg 500 in 12 gauge. Got it about 37 years ago and still have it
That was my 3rd gun. Got it in 1985