Songs that tear you apart

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
Darrel Scott wrote it, but Patty did the definitive version. I think the line "you spend your life digging coal out of the bottom of your grave" is one of the most powerful lines ever written into a song.

I love Darrell Scotts version and have heard others sing this as well but dang...... Patty set the bar!!!!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I love Darrell Scotts version and have heard others sing this as well but dang...... Patty set the bar!!!!
Yep. Lots of folks have done it, but nobody has done it like Patty. I like my own version pretty good, but not as good as Patty's . :)

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
Some that get to me:
Chris Knight- Train not running
Crooked Road
Broken Plow
My only Prayer
Cody Canada- Breakdown
Eric Paslay- She don't love you

tad1

You guys are really laying out the solid gold!

Heres a couple: Keith Whitley, I never go around mirrors

Brad Paisley, Who needs pictures

There are sooo many more, Good thread here guys!

Mike 65

Merle Haggards If I could only fly.
Teea Goans version of Haggards I didn’t mean to love you.
Both great. Maybe someone could post them.

lonewolf247

A lot of my favorite versions of songs, are the songwriters versions, and not the original released version that made them famous. The songwriter has a way of putting their emotions into them, because it’s real.

lonewolf247

Question then I'll delete.
Problem:
I want to post some tunes in this thread. When I click the "share" icon it pops up just about everything BUT embed which that's the way I have always done it.
I see one icon to "post link" and I'm almost positive there won't be any bad words or anything offensive. I DO NOT want to break the link back rule.

Can someone please explain what I need to do real slow? Computer I can get around on and know most trick there is.
This IPhone is new and the first one I ever bought. Still trying to learn it. HELP !

Thanks in advance!

I’m not sure what type of computer you are posting from? I’m am just using an Apple Ipad, and it’s really simple now, compared to what it used to be. You used to have to go thru a long process to embed, now much more easy. Just go to YouTube, click on “share”, then “copy link”. Then start your post here, then click “paste” into the message box. It will paste the link here, and embed it for you.

Big7

The Oracle

Well worth a listen. KILLER!