Speaking of Ramps,

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Do they taste like onions? Do you eat the tops also?
Taste like a mixture of onions, green onions, garlic, and shallots. Yes. You eat the tops and the bulbs, too.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Through the recent mountain men shows and the likes....More folks have rushed to the mtns to dig the ramps. The past couple of years all I've done is go in with scissors and cut all the greens I can. 5-10 lbs. These folks go in and dig the whole patches. Your only supposed to take a few out of a patch the will quickly get decimated if you take the whole patch.... I like the greens best anyways.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Through the recent mountain men shows and the likes....More folks have rushed to the mtns to dig the ramps. The past couple of years all I've done is go in with scissors and cut all the greens I can. 5-10 lbs. These folks go in and dig the whole patches. Your only supposed to take a few out of a patch the will quickly get decimated if you take the whole patch.... I like the greens best anyways.
What's getting them mostly nowadays is two things:

1. Rich retired folks from up north building big gated yankee nests where the ramps used to grow.
2. Mexicans have dicovered that they can go out in the woods and dig them by the hundreds of bushels and sell them for good money at the farmer's market, tailgate markets, and produce stands.

Ramps grow and spread really slowly, they're not hard to eradicate with that kind of stuff going on.

Dub

What's getting them mostly nowadays is two things:

1. Rich retired folks from up north building big gated yankee nests where the ramps used to grow.
2. Mexicans have dicovered that they can go out in the woods and dig them by the hundreds of bushels and sell them for good money at the farmer's market, tailgate markets, and produce stands.

Ramps grow and spread really slowly, they're not hard to eradicate with that kind of stuff going on.

Another reason to get that Wall built.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
:rofl:

Reactions: Dub