Multi-Cal indentification

Madman

I have some multi caliber AR15 lowers, if I grab an upper how do I know the caliber since the designation is under the hand guard?

I am going to try this.

Remove the forward assist and chuck it in the lather. 20190316_165239_resized.jpg

hdgapeach

I think you've got a winner there. Cool factor is up there, too. A little labor intensive but hey, if you got the tools it's a heck of a "custom" idea.

Dr. Strangelove

That's slicker than, well, something that's really slick. What an innovative, cool idea! That's something you could sell!

Lilly001

Neat idea. Looks tacticool.:biggestshoot:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That's a pretty cool idea for sure!

Madman

I may shoot it with a coat of black alumi-coat. I haven't decided. I'll look at it a while.20190317_081711_resized.jpg

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I love that idea, but what happens when that primer gets struck by something?

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Might even help if you needed a little extra forward assist. LOL

Madman

UPDATE

I figured out an easier way to disable the primer. The first one I made, I used a dental pick to dig out the anvil and clean out the cap, what a pain that was.

This time I put the primer in the case (6.5 Creedmoor) and as I cut the rim off it got hot enough to discharge the primer.6.5 CM Case.jpg

Madman

I finished the 6.5 last night, my wife asked what it is for; I told her it is a last chance round, kind of like a auxiliary fuel tank. When the magazine is empty you can jam in one last round. She rolled her eyes, muttered something and walked out.

6.5 2.jpg

hdgapeach

"She rolled her eyes, muttered something and walked out."

I feel you pain. Reckin both of us done been there, done that, and should've got the T-shirt.........I'm still laughing!

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Nice job Madman!!!