Spider ID

KentuckyHeadhunter

Cherokee Co didn't recognize the species. Pic taken on 6 inch deck plank.

Attachments

• 20190509_204713~2.jpg
    20190509_204713~2.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 97

KentuckyHeadhunter

Overhead light makes shadows of the legs so image could be misconceived. Its a very large spider.....was a very large spider......

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like maybe some kind of fishing/nursery web spider.

Philbow

Maybe a huntsman spider. I've found some huge ones in Wilkes County.

Anvil Head

You guys are a hoot! Just remember at any given moment in you life you are less than 7 feet from a spider. They are everywhere and for the most part a very beneficial part of our ecosystem. Nope don't like them crawling on my neck either! Those usually wind up as vegetable matter......squash.

gadeerwoman

He be a DO spider...DEAD ONE !
Be careful of chairs and mattresses you have at camp. They love to crawl up in those things. Had a folding highback canvas chair at camp one time. Went down and got it out and sat down. About 15 minutes later my neck and shoulders started itching. Tons of little baby spiders had bitten me all across my back and neck. Looked like mosquito bites. Itched for days. Always spray chairs and stuff like that when you go to camp before you use them....lesson learned.
I HATE THOSE THINGS !!

He be a DO spider...DEAD ONE !
Be careful of chairs and mattresses you have at camp. They love to crawl up in those things. Had a folding highback canvas chair at camp one time. Went down and got it out and sat down. About 15 minutes later my neck and shoulders started itching. Tons of little baby spiders had bitten me all across my back and neck. Looked like mosquito bites. Itched for days. Always spray chairs and stuff like that when you go to camp before you use them....lesson learned.
I HATE THOSE THINGS !!
That vision made me itch all over!