Championship game tonight! Let's go Atlanta United!

Matt.M

Boys! That performance was so much better. Exciting to watch them play. Ambrose is taking Shea's place for a while. No way he gets back out there. Pity was the only negative. Yes, he had a great shot but his workrate was no where near Barco's. Tito did well for his minutes. Impact player.

Someone told me los rayados has 14 national players. 3 reserves on the bench! ATLUTD has 3. We did well.

Last edited:

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
I was super happy with the performance and the win on the night! We were pretty fortunate they didn't score on that break where they played crossbar challenge late in the game. I think we would have scored more against lesser opposition though.

Happy to see Josef smiling again. Happy to see Tito bring his energy. Miles Robinson was awesome tonight. I don't think I saw him miss a single contest in the air. Barco is getting better at driving from deeper. Good to see Pogba get a run out - I think he's shorter and bulkier than his brother but his gait is very similar. Pity is showing flashes but I don't think he's fully fit. I think he'll ramp up in the next few weeks and mesh better.

It was fun having the Monterrey fans in the game with their singing and chanting even if they did throw some crap at the end. They were right above me.

I assumed their striker was the same Funes Mori who used to play as a CB for Everton. Thought it was weird that he converted to a striker...turns out, it's his twin. Learn something every day :rofl:

Wasn't in the beers at this game which I haven't done in a while. You pick up on so much more :bounce:

TinKnocker

1st time in 20 years Monterrey has lost to an MLS team. Only the 2nd time in history Monterrey has lost to an MLS team.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
That Barco curler! Finally, we have some evidence of what the team is capable of. We could have and should have won that game by 4 goals. Looking forward to the next 2 home games to get some real momentum rolling. Unfortunately, I'm not able to go to either of them.

Oh, and SKC lost to Monterrey by 10-2 on aggregate in the CCL...

Coenen

Monterrey didn't really NEED the game at Mercedes Benz, so I'm not sure how much stock to put in that match.

They looked properly dangerous last night. Barco and Tito were all over the place. Josef was looking hungry, and showed a more well-rounded game. Gresselmania was runnin wild. Hopefully those performances were indicative of the team getting things figured out and taking a step forward rather than weak competition.

How about Miles Robinson? Kid is putting in WORK.

Last edited:

Matt.M

Wonder if Josef couldn't find net b/c he hasn't had that much real game time for that action this year. Training goals are completely different. My opinion is that will right itself very quickly.

Miles is a beast. No doubt.

Why didn't the South American player of the year start? Or Barco? Barco is beasting this year. Very impressive.

Wonder if the coach changed on his own accord or was motivated by the loss of his latest coaching position?

Coenen

Wonder if Josef couldn't find net b/c he hasn't had that much real game time for that action this year. Training goals are completely different. My opinion is that will right itself very quickly.

Miles is a beast. No doubt.

Why didn't the South American player of the year start? Or Barco? Barco is beasting this year. Very impressive.

Wonder if the coach changed on his own accord or was motivated by the loss of his latest coaching position?
I think maybe Pity was dinged up, not sure.

A legitimate second(or third) scoring threat will help Josef immensely. That's a big part if what's been what's missing, IMO. Having Miggy running at defenders forced teams to address him, and gave Josef more room to operate. Tito's pace and distribution on that left wing seemed to be a big help to the entire operation. We may see Barco play the role Tito did last year as a super sub, or FdB may ride the hot hand(foot?) between the two. They are both playing really good football.

Whatever the coach did, even if he did nothing, it seemed to work. Again, The Revs aren't the toughest competition, but a road win is a road win, and they finally looked like a team doing it.

Coenen

I don't know who those guys in the white were in KC last night, but I hope we see then again at The Merc on Wednesday night.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
AMEN! Worried about losing Barco now that the team seems to finally be gelling. I just hope he stays healthy while on international duty. I think Pity is building in confidence and is about to turn the corner. Looking forward to Weds and Sunday!

Coenen

Another W! They looked good again tonight. Maybe this is [finally] them for 2019.

What do y'all think of the Justin Meram signing?

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
“Hey Justin, you ever played left back?!”

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
Excellent win, wish we could have put a few more goals in. We had some great looks. Pity was definitely pulling strings and I thought he was going to put one of those freekicks in.

Did anyone get a good look at the penalty shout when Pity was brought down by Bradley (maybe it was Ciman) on the edge of the box?

Toronto did not look good at all.

Coenen

W. AUFC.

Don't look now, but they are H-O-TT, HOT!

Defense a little shaky again Orlando, but they got it done. Pity with his first goal in MLS, and it was a banger! Guzan as MOTM?

Still unbeaten against the dyin' Lions!

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
Excellent road win; 5 stripes, 5 wins in a row!

Pogba played well, looking calm and composed in defense with LGP. Whitecaps keeper had some really good saves to deny us another goal. Brek also had a decent game - great ball to Josef who almost scored that header in the 2nd half.

Coenen

Big one today!
Agreed!

NYRB can put them in the net, but they're only +2 on goal differential for the season 16f/14a; even if it's not a clean sheet, I think we've got enough attacking quality to get the W today.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
Well that wasn't great

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
That was less than ideal....need to settle the score on July 7th when they come to ATL. I did enjoy tito pretending to hold up the trophy in Kemar Lawrence's face during their skirmish at the end.

Coenen

Trouble with the low block continues. Maybe a little gloom and doom, but it won't be long before that's all teams do against us.

Is wretched too strong a descriptor?

TinKnocker

That much advantage time with no goal is just pitiful.