Upgrades

TurkeyH90

Got a package from Lonewolf today for my G20. Got a 6" Alpha barrel, a SS guide rod and a 20 lb spring. They forgot to send me washer for the end of the guide rod but a phone call has one on the way. I've got some Buffalo Bore 220 gr. cast bullets to try in it. It will accompany me out west. Bought a Black Point chest rig to tote it.

Steven037

I have not. With a fully loaded G40 with rmr it carries fine but I haven’t tried to add any extra to it.

hambone76

I’d like to hear your feedback on how well this improves your G20.

Reactions: Dub

TurkeyH90

Looks like plenty of options on the net. I guess I would like references. Would like sites to cowitness

Dub

Dawson Precision used to have a set of tall sights that would cowitness the red dot. Not sure if he still makes them.

TurkeyH90

Update. Lonewolf items were installed. Something is out of spec or the wrong part. Manual chambering of a round is tough. Guide rod/spring seems to be slipping from it's proper spot. Possible feed ramp problem with barrel and /or wrong length of guide rod. Called LW and they are sending me another rod. More to come.

Reactions: Dub

hambone76

If I make and mods to my G20 I’ll have Head Down do the work on it.

Twinkie .308

Just sent my G20 slide off to Alpha Shooting Sports to be milled for a red Dot and cerakoted. I also ordered some parts from the glockstore, including a stainless steel 17 lb guide rod. Stock guide rod is 17 lbs. I don't think it should matter that you ordered a 20 lb, I'm just saying. Did you get it fixed?

Big7

The Oracle
Does anyone know of someone who would cut and refinish a Glock slide for a RMR?

Shooter's Den. Watkinsville. They are in the book or website. They are as good as you will find. Anything I can't do goes to them. It's fixing to be more and more since I'm retired and don't have access to a tool or machine shop. They will treat you right.

TurkeyH90

The G20 is operating correctly now. Yes, LW will tell you some guns run fine shooting the whole spectrum of ammo with the factory weight spring. I talked to some Glock experts and they agreed the 20lb spring was a good idea to upgrade too when I replaced the factory rod. Setup toted quite well while fly-fishing in some serious bear country. Fortunately no bear encounters although I did get to watch a young bull moose run some folks off while I was fishing out of a drift boat.image000000-486x648.jpg