Shout out to Garmin customer service.

Fishin & Hunting

Four years ago I bought a Fitbit to track my walking steps. In 15 months I went through 5 Fitbit watches. They just kept breaking and would not last. When I tried to get my 6th one under warranty they told me that I was out of warranty, but they would sell me one for 25% off. Ain't no way.

Well I then went and bought a Garmin smart watch. It lasted over 2 and a half years. Well yesterday it died when I walked into the ocean. I connect with Garmin on their web site trying to find out when I bought the watch.. they told me when I registered the watch and then asked why I wanted to know. I explained what happened. They told me it was out of warranty, but they knew they had a problem with the seal. If I would send it in they might give me a new watch.

Last edited:

paulito

That's great news. Been looking at Fitbit and garmin. Which watch do you have and what new one are you getting. I assume u like it. Do you use it for fitness stuff or smart watch stuff? Just curious

Fishin & Hunting

I would not get a fitbit. I use mine mostly to track my daily steps and hikes. It helps to motivate me to maintain a high level of activity.

It is nice to be able to look at your wrist to see who is calling or texting you, and then decide if you want to dig out your phone. It is also great to see the path you walked while scouting on a satellite view.

I have a Garmin Vivoactive. If they don't replace the watch, I will buy a Garmin Instict.