Look what I turned a London broil into.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Looks really good....did you wrap it at all?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great!

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I can't pull the trigger on a piece of meat that's tripped in price in 3 years, just because TV cooks show them on their smokers.
I won't even pay over a buck a pound for a pork "shoulder" cut. When ever Kroger puts them on sale for .99lb. I'll hit every store in 10 miles of the house, but that's the only time. I have trouble talk'n myself into buying a pot roast at what they normally go for, and that used to be trash meat.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I can't pull the trigger on a piece of meat that's tripped in price in 3 years, just because TV cooks show them on their smokers.

I catch them on sale half price or less and freeze them. I think I paid between 20 and 35 for the last ones I bought.

GA1dad

GA1dad

I just can't pull the trigger on a brisket! 80$ for a first time cook just don't set right with me!
Anyway, smoked this one today and it turned out great! It is a little dry but the flavor is great!View attachment 980317View attachment 980318

FWIW,,,, I typically pay around $3 a pound for choice brisket,, sometimes less. I think I've broken the $50 once. Most of the ones I buy ar between $35 and $45. Every now and then I find one in the high $20's. Just keep an eye out at Sam's or Walmart and buy a cheaper one to get you started.

Cmp1

BANNED
I won't even pay over a buck a pound for a pork "shoulder" cut. When ever Kroger puts them on sale for .99lb. I'll hit every store in 10 miles of the house, but that's the only time. I have trouble talk'n myself into buying a pot roast at what they normally go for, and that used to be trash meat.
This right here,,,,

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
FWIW,,,, I typically pay around $3 a pound for choice brisket,, sometimes less. I think I've broken the $50 once. Most of the ones I buy ar between $35 and $45. Every now and then I find one in the high $20's. Just keep an eye out at Sam's or Walmart and buy a cheaper one to get you started.
Yep, that's where I get mine. I'll usually pay about $35 for one, and get several good meals out of it. I had promised to smoke one for some family members who were coming in to visit once, and Walmart and Sam's were out. I wound up buying one for about $80 somewhere else out of desperation, and it wasn't a bit better than the regular ones. I think it's in the cooking with brisket, not the price or brand.

Cmp1

BANNED
Yep, that's where I get mine. I'll usually pay about $35 for one, and get several good meals out of it. I had promised to smoke one for some family members who were coming in to visit once, and Walmart and Sam's were out. I wound up buying one for about $80 somewhere else out of desperation, and it wasn't a bit better than the regular ones. I think it's in the cooking with brisket, not the price or brand.
You guys ever do a pastrami?