St. George Island / Apalachicola Fishing Help

66WRENCHES

Looking for tips, both surf and bay or someone experienced who will be down there Sept 21 through the following week that may want to show me some good spots or techniques in my bay boat. Also a possible small place on water to rent or just a dock to rent. We have friends to stay with, but not on water. Thank You.

GONoob

There’s a marina with a hotel. I dock my boat there and can see from the porch. I don’t remember the name. I don’t know inshore but do know a few places offshore that’s under 10 miles. You can tie off c-tower or troll around that. You can also fish just outside the box. I’m actually thinking of going down there 22-25th but not taking my boat. Taking a quick trip with the wife before I get busy with work.

66WRENCHES

Thanks. Let me know if you decide to go. I will have my boat. I probably wouldn't want to venture out to sea though. 19.7 ft key west bay reef, but no vhf of eprb yet.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Around the 21st you are going to have a falling tide starting a little after lunch. It will get a little later every day during your stay. If you go soak a finger mullet or pinfish in either of the red circled areas about 2 hours before dead low, you should have no trouble catching all of the redfish you want. Along with some other bonus species as well. This is in the State Park...Capture.JPG

GONoob

Thanks. Let me know if you decide to go. I will have my boat. I probably wouldn't want to venture out to sea though. 19.7 ft key west bay reef, but no vhf of eprb yet.

You can do it if the conditions are right! Will let you know if we make it there. Pensacola is our other option.

Msteele

Around the 21st you are going to have a falling tide starting a little after lunch. It will get a little later every day during your stay. If you go soak a finger mullet or pinfish in either of the red circled areas about 2 hours before dead low, you should have no trouble catching all of the redfish you want. Along with some other bonus species as well. This is in the State Park...View attachment 983171
Thanks Dustin. I might have some company now. ?

ForsythGlock

I will be down there Sept 29th - Oct 6th, and my kayak will be close to Dustin's two red circles at least once during my trip. Probably will not have pinfish, but I will be throwing something at them.

66WRENCHES

Had a bunch of stuff come up. But finally down on the island. Not sure when we'll go out on the boat yet. Pm me your number Noob and I'll try and give ya a call sometime tomorrow.

Msteele

Day two was awesome! No wind and limited out on keeper trout in 30 minutes. Left them biting. This will probably be my last post for a while.

Attachments

• E5A35DED-ADF7-41EE-92EC-74A4118F6CA3.jpeg
    E5A35DED-ADF7-41EE-92EC-74A4118F6CA3.jpeg
    213.2 KB · Views: 42
  • D3B8BFF5-60E8-46D3-8163-979856500EE7.jpeg
    D3B8BFF5-60E8-46D3-8163-979856500EE7.jpeg
    111.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Rabun

Those are some beauties! Congrats! Turns out I'll be on the island 10/18-24. Hopefully you guy's leave me some fish. If any of y'all go after grouper, sea bass, kings, etc please share your reports. I'll have my 24' bay boat so I can get somewhat offshore depending on conditions. I've never been down during the Fall so I'm not sure of patterns and targets. Counting on some intel 1eye (y) Thank guy's!

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Those are some beauties! Congrats! Turns out I'll be on the island 10/18-24. Hopefully you guy's leave me some fish. If any of y'all go after grouper, sea bass, kings, etc please share your reports. I'll have my 24' bay boat so I can get somewhat offshore depending on conditions. I've never been down during the Fall so I'm not sure of patterns and targets. Counting on some intel 1eye (y) Thank guy's!

BTW- judging by recent Google Earth photos, that boat wreck in the surf just east of the cut has been cleaned up. Also I think they have pumped back all the sand that washed out between the East jetty and SGI proper.
Also, my host that invited me for that week is now him hauling and says he only wants me there for 2 or 3 nights. Something about privacy with his wife, or something or other. Not sure I could put up with him for a whole week, anyway. I've had somewhat adverse trip there before with him. I don't drag a 23 1/2 ft bay boat to Apalachicola for two or three nights. So my options are, spend the rest of the week at Bay City Lodge, or make that my second half of my fishing week by coming over from Pensacola, or stay in Pensacola the whole week.
Life is liquid. I fish it.
Been a few years since I've fished Apalachicola. Really looking forward to some more!