My Friends

Joe Brandon

Come on guys I know we have to have at least one down. Saw a 300 + pounder that was taken to McClure's yesterday. How's the weekend been?

tree cutter 08

Hot! Went yesterday and shot one but couldn't find him. Solid 200lb boar. Of course he ran straight off a bluff and bled good up until 100 yards then started letting up. Arrow only penetrated about 6 inches so I don't know if I hit shoulder or what. He was spraying in places. Good to be back in the woods though. Good luck guys!

Joe Brandon

Hot! Went yesterday and shot one but couldn't find him. Solid 200lb boar. Of course he ran straight off a bluff and bled good up until 100 yards then started letting up. Arrow only penetrated about 6 inches so I don't know if I hit shoulder or what. He was spraying in places. Good to be back in the woods though. Good luck guys!
Cutter thats awesome!!!! I wonder if he's folded up somewhere now? That's exciting and a great start/ first day of the season my good friend!!!

splatek

UAEC

Dang! I didn't even see one. Not sure what's worse not seeing one or sticking one you can't recover

I went out yesterday. Saw some decent sign, got stormed on real, REAL bad. When the lightning started to strike more frequently, I decided to come down from three in my climber and hike head back to camp only to find my rain fly had either blown off or someone removed it. It was down by the creek. Everything was soaked.
That ended the evening for me.
Hoping to head back out Tuesday, but I'm not sure yet.
Good luck to everyone!

FMBear

I found a good spot with fresh sign. Had one behind me in the thick stuff at 50 yards that smelled me before I knew it was there and it went to huffing.
Then...the rains came in fast. Thought about waiting it out until the lightning started to become too frequent. Me, everything in my pack, and my bow were as wet as if I jumped into a river after high stepping it out 1.5 miles.
Took today off while my gear fully dries. Will be back out tomorrow.

tree cutter 08

Cutter thats awesome!!!! I wonder if he's folded up somewhere now? That's exciting and a great start/ first day of the season my good friend!!!
If he is I'm certain he's a long ways off. I'm sure he made it. Tracked to many for me to think he's dead. Tracked him for a ways after he quit bleeding and he was still of sound mind at 300 yards.

humdandy

Banned
Saw a sow and 2 cubs. Saw 3 hens and a fawn.

Also walked up on two hunters sitting over some Ho-Ho's and corn......they were right on the WMA line.......they were a little surprised to see me.......I just walked 4 miles across CHatt. to the other road..

Rabun

Saw a sow and 2 cubs. Saw 3 hens and a fawn.

Also walked up on two hunters sitting over some Ho-Ho's and corn......they were right on the WMA line.......they were a little surprised to see me.......I just walked 4 miles across CHatt. to the other road..

I bet they were surprised to see you...hunting over bait in bear country (aka poaching) will do that.

humdandy

Banned
I bet they were surprised to see you...hunting over bait in bear country (aka poaching) will do that.

They had to lug 200 lbs of corn up a pretty steep hill.....way more trouble than it's worth! The one guy looked to be in his mid 60's....I couldn't imagine lugging 200 lbs of corn up that hill......and there is now way they got a 4 wheeler up there...