Fox squirrels.

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I decided to let the squirrels be. I love watch fox squirrels though.

There are several black ones on out property on Hog Mtn Rd near 78(about a mile from Striplings).

I guess I'll have to make due with chipmunks. They are cool too.

tad1

There was a bunch on my hunting lease In Oglethorpe out Highway 72 heading towards Elberton. The whole acreage was primarily Decent sized Thinned Pines. It was lots of fun sitting in my stand and seeing all the different color variations.
Fast forward 10 years and I just recently saw a lone fox squirrel on a tract we’ve been hunting in Greene county. No one else has seen one with a quite a few man hours of hunting put in. He was just across the property line right where the largest pines in the area are. Always really happy to watch them. And absence makes the heart grow fonder! They’re not particularly rare though, down on Daufuskie South Carolina they are thick like fleas on the dogs back! Big Ole fat cat squirrels!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Never seen one. Ever.

transfixer

We've got a lot of them on our lease in Oglethorpe county, we're close to the Wilkes co line right off of 78, about half of our lease is mature pines, the rest in various stages of growth, they're cool to watch, and visit one of my feeders regularly,

Buford_Dawg

Yep, we've got quite a few in OC at several places. This one gave me a close up on my cell camera earlier this week. I have seen him a bunch, he is really neat looking.

Attachments

• Image-1 (1).jpg
    Image-1 (1).jpg
    40 KB · Views: 4

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Some years I see a lot, some years I hardly see any. Mature, thinned pines and have seen some in pecan orchards. White, black, reddish and the most common gray with a black head. Pretty good population of them here in Dooly co.
Hillbilly you owe it to yourself to come down this way and lay your eyes on one.