Dog Safety On The Road

Poodle owner here and not sure if there is any law that would require the safety of our pets inside the car. I saw that there is even now a seatbelt just for dogs but I am planning on purchasing this https://www.jeepsareus.com/sku/82212304.html. Do you just guys let your dog sit anywhere without safety because this is what I do and I just want to know if placing them at the back is a more safe option just in case of an accident. Or is getting a seatbelt more applicable?

specialk

my hunting dogs go in the back in a dog box.....my 2 ankle biters ride where they choose.....it's there world and i'm just in it.......one rides on my dashboard....

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Dog box in bed of truck under cap. My GSP gonna find something to roll around in. Then he want to sit in my lap. Safer for both of us if he is not in cab of truck.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
The guard you linked to is a guard from the dog getting into the front of the vehicle and interfering with the driver which might cause an accident. It has nothing more to do with the safety of the animal.