Rainchalk

palmettoswamp

Anyone recommend the Rainchalk? Saw in Midwest catalog and wanted some opinons. A lot of dew and humid conditons, not to mention rain here in Florida....sometimes the pot calls get too wet to run. Hoe does it do on the box calls and the striker tips? Thanx

Dudley Do-Wrong

Best thing since sliced bread. I especially like to smear my aluminum call with rain chalk and sometimes rub it on my striker tip, it really helps it to bite.

bull0ne

Banned
It's tha stuff! :bounce:

It'll bring out the sound in any box and I have witnessed a striker prepped with the superglue trick that would call with the face of a slate call filled with Pepsi.

You'll be more than pleased with it IMO.

gobblingghost

I love it and have been using it for years. If your in Atlanta area lookup Lee at misfiregamecalls he had some.

GADAWGS

I sold out, but am reordering this week from Jim. For those that have net met Jim Davis, he invented Rainchalk. Like David said, "Best thing since sliced bread". And Jim is an interesting guy. He invented a turkey call that replicates the sound made by a drumming gobbler. He was watching Crocodile Dundee and was at the part where the guy says he has to make a phone call and then goes out and spins the rock on the string. He listened to the rock spin and thought to himself that it sounded a lot like a drumming gobbler. So he had some pet turkeys in the yard and used an oscillascope to measure the sound and replicated it. The call itself didnt take off real well, but I just thought that it showed his ingenuity

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Best stuff I`ve ever used! Many thanks Bull!!