Mark my words...this hurricane will

How2fish

Cause us grief in the Piedmont region. Seems I've spent all summer up to my ears with hurricane woes, thankfully not anywhere as bad as the poor folks in Fla and Ala. First I go to Port Charolette to help a friend after Charlie and I get heatstroke. Then 3 buddies and I have a 2 day off-shore fishing trip setup for our 50th B'days..and Ivan decides to come ashore right on top of our rented beach house on Ono Island. No trip and not much of a vacation..fleeing a hurricane is at best is good sense but not real relaxing. Now since I got back early helped with the food plots and worked on campers ect. Now the latest in a blasted toooo long list of hurricanes is bearing down on home AND deer camp! I was going to go this weekend and hunt...but I'll be lucky if the camper is still there. :speechles Good luck to ya'll ::;

cowboyron

I feel your frustrations, one after the other we are truly over it down here. It was opening of bow here in Central Fl. this past weekend and of course another hurricane. There is no doubt the tropics are restless this year, there are reports of it slowing down Lisa is heading N. in the Atlantic and the coast of Africa is clear. Thank the Lord..........Lets go Hunt'un!!

duckbill

Cowboy,
I'm over here in Clermont(South Lake county) and we took Jeanne on the chin. I have had it with these dern hurricanes. I was supposed to leave Wed. to go up to my camp for some bow hunting. We are most likely going to be without power for a week. I've got 40' oak trees laying over the power lines in my back yard.
I am so sick of boarding up, running generators, trimming trees and such. I am truly thankful the good Lord has spared us from serious damage, but I'm ready for all of this to be over.
Bill

cowboyron

Amen Duckbill, We are in this together and we are sick of it. We to have been very Blessed through the course of these storms also. I pray for all of those less fortunate. My Ma and Pa Inlaw live down there in Leesburg. We will be going there next weekend with chainsaws to help cut up some oak trees and celebrate my Father Inlaw 70th B-Day.

stumpman

Banned
I hope you guys get your trees cut ok i lost one small pine that is on the prop line and got a little water in the den under the back door from blowing rain we had tornados and 60mph wind last night not as bad as some thankfully but thsats as bad as ive seen here tomorrow some of the neighbors will be flooded i took the boys and our polaris ranger out and let them knee board down the roads and ditches they had fun axcept for the darn snakes that stopped the fun good luck to all that have a mess to clean up.

How2fish

I feel a little ashamed that I'm worried about my darn camp and camper. Even with being right in the middle of the wasteland Charley made it's too easy to forget that sooo many folks lost so much of their lives, I'm afraid I've made a big deal of something that in the REAL sense of what's important is not really worth mentioning...I'm really sorry, I meant no disrespect to those who are taking the real hits.

duckbill

Fish, don't sweat it. I had been very fortunate with the first 3 hurricanes. I felt bad for the folks with bad damage and no power for weeks, but didn't study it real close. Now, I'm one of the folks without power and trees down. Oh well, the good Lord has spared us from harm. Eventually, I'm going to get to go hunting :flag: .