Im Goin Huntin

hnter270

Sittin here in class goin hunting and cannot wait. i just bought a PSE, been shoot stuff in my back yard for a couple weeks tryin to practice. i got it down and now im gonna wack a deer, or squrriell or whatever walks in front of me. but now i really need help with hidding scent. i get no scent free stuff. i just spray earth scent all over me? any advise :speechles

Arrow Flinger

Welcome to the fire!

Hunt down wind of the area you expect the deer to come from and you should be fine. The earth scent is good too but will not completely cover your scent but it might buy you a few seconds. Shower with unscented soap and use unscented deodorant will help too. Good luck and let us know how you do.

7 Mag

Good Luck, give us a report when you get back.

Same as Arrow Flinger said on the unscented soap (I use ivory) and deordorant. Also wash your clothes with baking soda and hang outside to dry.

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
I have 2 big airtight tupperware containers to store all of my hunting gear/clothes in. I put in fresh pine needles and/or oak leaves (depending on where I plan to hunt-hardwoods or pines) with the clothes in the containers. I also where knee-high rubber boots which I don't put on until I reach the hunting area to also help to reduce scent. Anything to help to reduce the scent.
db

hnter270

sorry

yep it is now almost a week since i posted but i just couldnt find my thread. i went down and right at night time a doe trotted toward me. never noticed me even after my arrow went inches over her back...she ran 5 yards.,.stopped looked....caught me gettin another arrow...ran 10 more yards in some thick stuff...blew at me,...i was angry i blew back....she than ran a circle around me and blew 5 more times. 20 min of me wondering what this deer was doin...i think she was just moking me

another thing.? can deer smell chewing tobacco...i didnt chew and saw a deer i do chew and dont ...coincidence or can they smell it ::huh: