Any good deer dog hunting stories????

Wolfhound

Just wanted to see if anyone had any good stories about the dog hunting season? I hunt in Marion/Webster county and we just started this past weekend. What a weekend! We jumped a deer in every drive and killed a good 8 point. (Trying to get pictures) My sister killed her first deer with my dad and I on the first hunt behind our pack of beagles. Unbelievable to say the least.

Also was wondering if anyone has killed any good bucks with dogs. Our club was the club that killed the Boone and Crockett last year and we have a few more studs still hanging around. Just curious as to how everyone else's hunting season is going and if any big bucks are being taken.

Last edited:

44YearDeerDogHunter

Glad to see that tbirds home is at least close to the States # 1 mental treatment center!!!!!
Sorry to see that we still have that type of people allowed to sit perched high up in trees
holding high powered scoped rifles. These people
that will admitt shooting a dog should not even
be allowed to carry a weapon, moreless hunt!!!!!
Thats the kind of people that make sportsmen look bad. Also Mr.tbird and Mr.Extreme , hope you know it is unlawful to shoot dogs and it
could cost you several thousands of $$$$ to do so. Hope you stay near your hometown State
Mental facility. Hope you don't shoot your keds
pet:::::::::Also do you shoot cats to>??????

Limbshaker

GONetwork Member
Come on guys, ya'll back up and take a deep breath.......

Remember this is a hunting forum........we all hunt in different ways.............and enjoy the sport in different ways..............this type of dialogue cannot turn out to be good.

:D git'r

Ta-ton-ka chips

GONetwork Member
I hope we can stick to Wolfhounds original topic and post stories about deer dogging. I've never done it but would like to hear from some who have. :cheers:

ZMI

Banned
t bird said:
I usually shoot dogs that chase deer. That's my opinion though

Thanks for the black eye!

No stories this year, but got a few from the past!! Sounds like you guys are having a great season!! Sure is fun to hear those dogs!! Good luck this year and hope you have a great season! Don't listen to these yahoos!

Limbshaker

GONetwork Member
Back to your original question........yes, I heard two good races last Saturday...and the Sunday before that.........got this baby as a result of one of them....it was intended to be a deer race by the owners of the dogs........but this Barrow jumped up and the race was on........we don't dog hunt on our club anymore.............but we have a good relationship with the adjoining clubs..........hear a good race.............share the meat.

Attachments

• mikes bar.jpg
    mikes bar.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 145

t bird

:rofl: Didn't mean to stir up any Rucus, Some Worthless Trash decides to drop dogs that they don't want anymore around our property and during the spring time do you know how many fawns I have come across dead with dogs around it eating on a potential good buck Countless times. Some people like hunting with dogs good for ya'll. It seems to mess up the deer where i hunt, and i think it's kinda like cheating if you ask me. Na, I don't shoot dumpster kitties! Sorry to stir up any Rucus!!!! :cry: Happy Hunting All!!!!

Possum

Banned
If you shot my dogs, believe me buddy, you would get shot back.

whitetailaddict

it is finally starting to get good down here on the coast. this cooler weather has helped out alot. only one good buck killed 8 pt. 15 inch inside spread. great deer for down here. i've only killed one ahead of the dogs, but have killed 5 still hunting, which one sounds like cheating now t-bird. not to mention i have probably logged twice as many hours dog hunting this year as i have still hunting.

Bush Wacker

Still hunting....now that is a lost art. I love to do it in the rain. As far as the dogs? They are for cottontails and feathers.

CAL

Well,I did it all my life but haven't now in a lots of years.I couldn't go now if I wanted to.The Adrenalin flow from a pack of walker dogs would just be more than my ole heart could stand.A deer hunter that has never been on a good deer drive with some good dogs has missed something in their hunting years in my opinion.Never have seen anyone go and wished that they had done something else either.What about it Mr.Vernon,think I might be wrong?

quackwacker

"Cant we just all get along?"

I was brought up hunting behind dogs. I have not done it now in 25years. Man I can remember the times we had.

I cant believe that people have such closed minds. We now live where dog hunting is not permited. Do I miss it? I dont think so because stand hunting is so fun for me now. I love to go homw and hear the stories from the dog hunters.

Any body who has read my post on this board knows I am against baiting. I dont want it, I dont need it to kill deer, but if its passed i will not go and cut the tires of the guys truck who I see at Wally World buying corn.

I just cant believe that in todays world someone would make a commit like the one I heard earlier in this post.

Its a Sad Sad world we live in.............but i already knew that. :cry: :cry: :whip:

Wolfhound

I am glad to hear that their are some good ole dog hunters still out there. I am only 27, but I was raised hunting with the dogs and I agree, their is nothing like hearing that pack of dogs coming toward you and man are the deer smart. In my opinion, and only my opinion, they are smarter when running in front of dogs than they are just wondering through the woods looking for food or a place to rest. Just my opinion but it is 10X's more fun to hear those dogs than sitting in a stand and alot harder to kill them. They know exactly where you are somehow and they slip by you more than they are seen. Let's keep a tradition alive in GA. For those of you that are against dog hunting, read the article in this months GON or go to the web site and read it. It is the perfect depiction of how dog hunting is in GA. Organized, family oriented and law abiding are the attributes that I can think of to describe MOST dog hunters. There are a few that are renegades but there are a few still hunters that are renegades as well. Just my two cents worth. Keep the stories coming and I will continue to update everyone on our hunts.

Happy Hunting!!!!! :bounce: