From a Retired Marine:

Slug-Gunner

From a retired Marine out in Washington State...

Last Thursday I put out one of my Bush/Cheney signs in my front yard. Between midnight and 3:00 a.m. someone stole it. On Friday night I put out sign No. 2. Since I didn't have to get up early, I thought my dog and I would "stake out" our sign. This time I put the sign a little closer to the gate leading to my backyard. With my dog on an extra long leash, I planted myself on a lawn chair and read "Unfit for Command" by flashlight until about 1:00 a.m. Here comes the fun part . . I noticed that the car coming down the street was slowing down and pulling over to the curb right next to my yard. Sure enough, he gets out of his car and heads right for my sign. Just as he was about to uproot and desecrate it, I opened my gate and let my dog make the initial introduction! As he ran to hide behind the rear end of his car, I promptly moved to the driver-side door, which was still open. It was a fairly nice car with power everything and still running. While my dog continued to "introduce" herself, I rolled up the window and hit the power door lock button. With that, I slammed the door, grabbed my Bush sign and headed into the back yard.

And now for the "rest of the story." About 40 minutes later, I heard a knock at the door. I opened the door to one of our city's finest . . . the Vancouver Police Department. The officer asked me what was going on and when I told him, he could not stop laughing! I followed him out to the perp's car and stood there while he asked the guy a few more questions. Upon learning that the guy lived a couple of streets down, I -- knowing what was about to happen -- asked him, "Why do you have Oregon plates on your car if you live just down the street (here in Vancouver, Wash.)?" Oregon has no sales tax, so often Washington residents will buy and register cars in Oregon to avoid paying sales tax . . . it's a crime and the fine is pretty stiff.

Here comes the best part. . . . The look on this guy's face told me he knew he was about to get busted. When the officer asked for his license and registration, the "Democrat" mumbled that (his license) was suspended. Just for kicks and giggles I asked the officer if he smelled any alcohol coming from the guy! The officer looked at me, smiled and promptly gave him a field breathalyzer test. Guess what? You got it, he blew a .10, legally drunk in the state of Washington.

DUI, illegal registration and the brand of "MORON," all 'cause he hates Bush!

Semper Fi,

:rolleyes: :cool: :clap: :whip: :fine:

Georgiaastro

Slug-gunner

Super job. that's the kind of people that want to run this country. :flag: :whip:

Larry

CAL

What is that saying?Don't worry about the dog worry about the owner. :eek: Great post,great post...... :yeah: :fine: :cool:

Dixie Dawg

LOL you sure that wasn't a retired Army/Navy air-traffic controller in Kansas!? Sounds just like something my dad would do ;)

Kerri

Woodsong

That is just too funny if it is really true...??? Your names says you live in Augusta so I assume this is a repost from something that was forwarded to you??

Either way, that is really too funny if it really happened.

mpowell

wow, what a story. that's great! glad the guy was busted.

no one should touch any political signs, regardless of the affiliation. i'm no kerry fan, but i'd never trespass and trample someone else's rights to free speech or expression.

thanks for your service to our country slug-gunner.

Hunk

had the same problems in a friends neighborhood. Some one would steal the sign. My solutions was funny... since this was happening at night when it's dark to take a grease gun and grease up the entire outside of the sign. Also in front of the sign grease it up as well. What happened? someone got their hands and feet very dirty, and then their car dirty with grease!!! he he he... . I love it.

Going to be tight. I voted for Bush, we'll see what happens.. hopefully we'll know tonight or tomorrow.

Lead Poison

Was is name Kennedy?

We all know Kennedys leave their cars behind for questionable reasons. :bounce:

Good job and justice served. :cool:

sniper13

:shoot: :fine:
Mission Acomplished. Well done. :shoot: