Is your young'un Right or left handed?

Is your child left or right handed ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steven Farr

Mine is only 2 1/2 but I think she is gonna be a southpaw. I have threatened to tie her left hand behind her back but Mama says no.hehe

It is still early but man does she ever love that left hand.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have any kids as I'm ony 19, but I am left handed some. While most people use one hand for everything (writing, throwing, hitting, etc.) I don't. I only write with my left hand. Everything else I do with my right hand.

Snakeman

I'm left-handed, but both my not-so-younguns are right-handed. As far as we can tell, no one else in my family (either side) was left-handed.

Only the best can overcome the handicap of being born right-handed.

The Snakeman

cowboyron

My oldest Son started out lefty with eveything. Then switched while shooting a bow from left to right. That blew me away, he still does most things with his left but can and will use his right for alot of things, still shoots that bow right handed. My twins(boy/girl), Joshuah is strickly left and Christin is right handed all the way. Mom and Dad are both right handers.

Nick_T

Banned
My wife and myself are both right handed but left eye dominate. The kid is completely lefty, right down to kicking a ball with his left foot. Atleast when he gets old enough to shoot it'll be easier for me to teach him how seein how I shoot lefty, and it also gives me an excuse to get that BPS 20ga I've been wanting, hehehehehe

Nick T

Slug-Gunner

Ambidextrius....

I'm one of those fortunate people who can use EITHER HAND for almost anything, including writing - although some things are more "natural" right-handed.

* I can throw with either arm, but can throw farther left-handed and more accurately.

* I can bowl with either hand, but have a "natural" hook when bowling left-handed. I've often thrown the first ball left-handed and then use the right-hand for the "pick-up".
It blows a lot of peoples' minds when they see it.
(I once had a girl in the lane next to me say, "You're doing something strange, but I haven't figured it out yet."
I told her, "Watch closely and see if you can get it."
After 3-4 frames she exclaimed, "You're bowling using both hands!")

* I can shoot with either hand, but my right eye is my "master eye" when both eyes are open. This is a real advantage when a deer comes up on my right and I have to shoot left-handed instead of trying to turn around in the seat.

* I can write with either hand, but my right-hand is much clearer and prettier.

* I can kick a soccer or football with either foot, but am more accurate and stronger right-footed.

:eek: ::huh: :D :cool:

mikel

im left handed

my wife and three kids are right handed

Snakeman

Just curious, Slug-Gunner, do you use two different balls when you bowl? Seems like the finger holes would be awkward if you used the same ball for both hands.

The Snakeman

Slug-Gunner

Snakeman said:
Just curious, Slug-Gunner, do you use two different balls when you bowl? Seems like the finger holes would be awkward if you used the same ball for both hands. The Snakeman

The ball I was using at that time for bowling was a 16 lb. "full-fingertip" plastic coated ball, which imparted a lot of spin & hook on the ball. The finger-tip holes were not offset at all. You had to keep your hand straight and vertical, and "follow-thru" to get the full effect of "lift" from it, but it would really churn the pins up.

When bowling left-handed, I had to stand on the the extreme right dot to keep the ball in the lane.... it would go almost to the left gutter and then hook back into the pocket. On a few occassions it would knock the 1 pin back out onto the lane if I hit the 2-4 pocket just right (not intentional :eek: ).

:speechles ::huh: ;)

Buckbuster

I am left handed and my 2 sons shoot left handed and write left handed . They throw right handed and bat r/h. The biggest problem I had as a kid was with the pencil sharpener in school. I had to cross my left hand over to turn the handle while holding the pencil with my right hand. As far as I know they never made left handed pencil sharpeners. My boys never had the same problem I had with pencil sharpeners.

southernclay

No kids. Slug Gunner I can do all of that stuff too. I just don't do well at any of them with my left. :bounce:

My dad worked with an ambidexterous? guy once and some of the guys didn't know what that meant or how to say it so they called him Ambidexter.

H

HT2

Cowboy.....

Both of my daughters are Right handed.......

Can't none of us do anything left handed...... :eek: :eek: