muzzy gator getter arrow

cfbutler31

i got one of these, and it looks as if it needs two strings attached to it, one for the point and one for the arrow shaft, since they aren't connedted in any way. any body used one of these things, give me a little insight. it also has a little rubber thing just beyond the point on the arrow shaft, what is that for? preciate any info ya'll might have on how to set this thing up ::huh:

fredw

Retired Moderator
It's done with a single line. I have a drawing from Mark at Muzzy's that shows how to rig the arrow. The line goes thru the hole just below the nock and then gets tied with a loop knot (we used a bowline knot) to the gator point. The line then gets doubled over underneath the plastic sleeve.

The photo should help show how to do this. The only modification I made was to use a small piece of masking tape to hold the upper end of the loop (the one formed under the plastic sleeve) tight against the arrow. I just didn't want a loop catching on the arrow rest.

I tried to attach the photo to this post but it is too large. If you will send me your email address in a private message, I'll attach the photo to a note and send it to you.