Leafy or 3D cammo?

Leafy or 3D cammo?

• I do not hunt without it

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • I have it but do not use it very much.

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • I do not use it. Regular cammo for me.

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Never tried it.

Votes: 10 28.6%

• Total voters

Al33

Curious to know how popular the leafy suits are among us turkey hunters here.
I have a leafy coverall that I slip over my regular cammo. I really believe in this stuff but I often wonder is it really worth the effort, especially when it warms up. I know you can kill toms while wearing simple cammo, but in your opinion do the leafy suits make a great deal of difference?

S

Sugar Hill Scouter

Mossy Oak Breakup for me. I've never tried the leafy variety.

dutchman

I like the looks of Mossy Oaks' Defusion jacket and pants. It'd be a very nice alternative to wearing regular camo in hot weather. I may wind up with a set of it if I can get by the price tag. It's high!

gadeerwoman

I love the leafy wear look but the 2 suits I have make entirely too much noise when I make the slightest movement for my taste. And I snag on every piece of tree bark I touch. Anybody else notice the noise?

alphachief

I mix and match several camo patterns, but do it all with standard camo (as opposed to the leafy product).

Gadget

dutchman said:
I like the looks of Mossy Oaks' Defusion jacket and pants. It'd be a very nice alternative to wearing regular camo in hot weather. I may wind up with a set of it if I can get by the price tag. It's high!

I've got the Mossy OaK defusion suit, it's really nice, the nicest 3D suit I've seen or worn.

Last week I had a hen come to 5yds feeding around me for about an hour.

If i'm not wearing that then I'm wearing Mossy Oak Trekklite.

kevincox

I like the leafy product but because of its high price, I just have not bought any yet.

Michael Lee

I wear the leafy bug tamer jacket and like to wear it with a short sleeve t-shirt under it in hot weather, works pretty good for me. Rarely wear the pants.

ML

wooly

I use my leafy jacket almost all of the time when I turkey hunt. In hot weather all I wear beneath it is a mesh T-shirt...and man that really helps to keep me cooler during the hot days like we have been having...with the exception of today that is.

Jody Hawk

Gadget said:
If i'm not wearing that then I'm wearing Mossy Oak Trekklite.

Rick,
I have the Treklite camo and wear it occasionally. The only concern with the Treklite is that I don't like the shiny appearance of the polyester as compared to the dull cotton camo. I've had folks comment that it stands out.:huh:

Gadget

Jody Hawk said:
Rick,
I have the Treklite camo and wear it occasionally. The only concern with the Treklite is that I don't like the shiny appearance of the polyester as compared to the dull cotton camo. I've had folks comment that it stands out.:huh:

Jody I wore the Treklite with all 15 gobblers I killed in the last three years and have not had one instance where I thought there was a problem.

edit.......... I'm thinking I might have been wearing a 3D suit on one of those kills or it might of been one of the birds from 4yrs back, it's hard to remember every bird going back 4 yrs, I'd have to go back and look at the pictures............hehe

Last edited:

Jody Hawk

Gadget said:
Jody I wore the Treklite with all 15 gobblers I killed in the last three years and have not had one instance where I thought there was a problem.

Well that's good enough for me buddy !!!!!:clap:

Nitro

Banned
I use Treklite exclusively in warm or hot conditions and have never had an issue with birds spotting me......

I like it a bunch.

Thunderbeard

I love the leafy camo. I use it during bow season and Turkey season.

Arrow3

I wear my leafy suit ALWAYS when turkey or bow hunting....I don't wear it much during rifle season because I climb so high in the tree.

matthewsman

Shannon Bug tamer +

I wear it during bow season and turkey season........I like the way it breaks up my outline...

I also like round brim hats for the same reason,if you wear a baseball style hat it is more obvious when the bill moves when you turn your head.With a boonie,or something like it,your profile stays closer to the same.................

Al33

matthewsman said:
I also like round brim hats for the same reason,if you wear a baseball style hat it is more obvious when the bill moves when you turn your head.With a boonie,or something like it,your profile stays closer to the same.................
I do the same Donnie. I even sewed on a few raggedy pieces of see through cammo on my hat. I also sewed the back of the brim up against the crown so when I lean back against a tree it does not push it around.