Now That Bonds Admitted........

Arrow3

nope.....

He says he didnt know they were steroids...I know, i know, sure he's gonna say that....Those steroids don't help you to hit basehits...Yes, some of his homers may be suspect now but he is still the most natural hitter in the game...Theres no telling how many use them and never get caught...

Hambone

Yes, taken out or a HUGE * should be by his name.

There HAS to be some incentive to stay clean and striking his name would be a good start. Look, it's cheating and more importantly it's unhealthy. (remember Lyle Alzado???) The league has to do something else it will appear to endorse this behavior.

TurkeyCreek

most certainly yes...

and if they can go back and prove that McQwire was on the stuff when he broke Maris' record, take that away too....although, I don't know when it was that MLB made the rule that steriod use was illegal...

Michael Lee

I thought that all steroids were illegal to have anyway unless used for medical purposes given by a doctor??

ML

Jeff Phillips

YES! IT'S CHEATING! I DON'T CARE IF THERE ARE OTHERS DOING IT TO!

IT'S CHEATING!!!!

reylamb

Steroids, while technically and controlled substance on the federal level, is not an illegal substance by baseball standards. The union will never allow that to happen.

mpowell

steroids obtained and used illegally in the US is against the law for anyone. so, if any athlete is taking them they're breaking the law first and foremost whether professional sports has addressed the problem or not.

well, if bonds is the most natural hitter (which, i challenge--i loved to watch tony gwynn swing the bat) some village is also missing their idiot right now! to say he didn't know what he was rubbing down or ingesting into his body is beyond belief.

aren't most of us raised NOT to take something someone gives us unless we KNOW what it is??? i.e.--don't take candy from strangers!

lastly, the fact that bonds is such an arrogant you know what sure won't help his case or warm up fans to any mea culpas if he so decides. his attitude's going to come back to hurt him.

Last edited:

Duff

Reylamb,

I thought the agreement in 2003 made the use of steroids by players illegal.

I agree w/ Jeff. IT IS CHEATING, but at the same time Bonds wasn't the only one CHEATING. I know he is the biggest name to surface, but would it be such a big deal if McGuire released a statement saying he used steroids?

Read this article by formor White Sox pitcher Jack McDowell, he make some great points and the article kind of gives you an idea of how many ML players used steriods. ALOT
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_y...bQ--?slug=jm-steroids1203&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

mpowell

Duff said:
... the article kind of gives you an idea of how many ML players used steriods. ALOT

yes, major league baseball is definitely at fault for turning a blind eye to the subject of steroids--no doubt.

mcdowell brings up a point i've discussed with others time and time again. how can pete rose be banned for life for gambling yet players can take illegal, performance enhancing drugs and MLB sees that as being a "slap on the wrist" style infraction???

H

HT2

What Stan said!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hambone said:
Yes, taken out or a HUGE * should be by his name.

There HAS to be some incentive to stay clean and striking his name would be a good start. Look, it's cheating and more importantly it's unhealthy. (remember Lyle Alzado???) The league has to do something else it will appear to endorse this behavior.

I AGREE 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :type: :type: :type:

DSGB

If Pete Rose was banned for gambling, steroid users should be punished too.

Duff

I agree MP. 100%.

But remember until the last strike, players were not even tested for steriods, and that was one of the big issue. I've said all along the players association is going to be the demise of MLB.

H

HT2

Duff.....

Yep you are right......

I think that baseball wuz somewhat on the upswing with gettin' back into the good graces of the public.....

But things like this isn't gonna help....... :( :(

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
If McGuire admits to taking steroids, I'd feel the same about him as I do about Bonds.

Also, I am a bit offended by the implication that anyone would think that I'm a racist.

This has nothing to do with race. It deals purely with a pompass, arogant, cheater that has been caught.

Duff

Woa, woa, woa. Jeff, I was in no way was I saying you or anyone else is a racist.

I think your post is the first time race has even been mentioned. Not one time did I ever suggest racism to be an issue here. Fact of business it never even crossed my mind. I was simply comparing a well liked, media friendly baseball player to a ball player that is a jerk and one the media would love to bring down and asked everyone opinion if they would be protrayed the same under the same circumstances.

I apoligize if you thought I suggested otherwise ::huh: ::huh:

Last edited: