7MM-08 Load

GABOWHUNTER

Alright guys, I know several of you shoot the 7MM-08, I picked up one of the new Ruger Compact in this caliber. What loads are working for you? I am getting ready to load some next week. Include in your comments, the type of powder and grain bullet you are using.

I appreciate the input!

Eric

Randy

See the thread I started on the 7mm-08. I listed my load in that thread. Remember this is a maximum load so start low and work up.

Muygrande

GABOW, are you talking about that Ruger Micro with that short pencil thin barrel?? If so let us know how it shoots, everyone I've talked to says it's a 100yd gun, w/3" groups the norm????? If anyone has one in a caliber other than .243 that shoots I'd like to know! ::huh:

GABOWHUNTER

Ruger

It is the Ruger Micro with a 16" barrel, you are correct, I plan on using it in no circumstances that take more than a 100 yard shot, but what a little handy rascal to pack in and out of the stand. I will keep you posted on the accuracy.

GABOWHUNTER

sniper13

No 3"groups in this gun

I am the former owner of this fine little weapon.
Using 46.5gr. of IMR4350 under a Speer 145gr. BTSP with a cci-200 primer it will shoot under 1" groups @ 100yds.
;) I, however, shot 1" groups.
This a fine shooting little weapon. If the stock had been 2-3" longer, Eric would have to have bought another weapon.
:shoot: Sniper13 :shoot:

GABOWHUNTER

Ruger 7MM-08

Loaded some Nosler Accubond 140Grain last night, looking forward to seeing how they perform. I am going to the range Friday, I will let you know.

TheDeerCommander

ive had bullet holes go inside bullet holes at the target range with this gun and iv'e killed all my deer with it and dropped every single one in its tracks

Abel

I have never heard of the little Ruger Compact being a 3" @ 100 yard rifle. I always hear people say that they do 1.5" or better.

chuckdog

This threads 8 years old. It may have been one of those 8 lb triggers those early ones had.

Last week I watched a fellow sit down to shoot, squeeze the trigger, reach up to turn the safety off. Sad thing too, the safety wasn't on. I put the scale to it and it was a solid 6 lb pull.

That's heavy enough to ruin anyone's group. The Compacts have been the most consistent Ruger's I've shot. The newer LC6 triggers do make em' more shooter friendly.